->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:13 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:37 am 
Fishaholic

Not that this thread is about throwing a cell phone as a lure or anything like that but it is about how spots get burned so quickly. There were fewer people fishing initially in the beach I was fishing and it got more and more crowded over the past couple of weeks. Yesterday the fishing was phenominal in that beach and this is litterally how the beach was today :lol: No kidding! I was there today morning and left in a little bit as you can imagine how it would be fishing in that crowd. Worse than opening day trout season :lol:

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/826253/today-ibsp

Cheers, Maruthu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:19 pm 
Fishaholic

I thought this thread belonged here. So I edited it a little and moved it.

Maruthu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:38 pm 
Fishaholic

Thank god in India no much anglers :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:30 am 
Fishaholic

hahahha.. on it way though.. but not as much fish...!

but on a serious note... the west and places like australia and such.. have good stocks even though every third guy is an angler cause of the good management of fisheries and responsible fishing on the part of the anglers them selves.. hence in our attempt to ape the west ..lets take a whats good,commendable and of value and discard whats not. cheers.

Last edited by hamour on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:11 am 
Fishaholic

hamour wrote:
hahahha.. on it way though.. but not as much fish...!

but on a serious note... the west and places like australia and such.. have good stocks even though every third guy is an angler cause of the good management of fisheries and responsible fishing on the part of the anglers them selves.. hence in our attempt to ape the west ..lets take a whats good,commendale and of value and discard whats not. cheers.

May be over netting and lot of Chemical factories leaving their waste has caused the reduction. In belapur every year i see atleast more than a lakh fishes die coz of som harmful chemical being left in the creek.

Also in konkan coast i believe most of fisherman also concentrate on catching very small fishes, may be thats also a cause. but at the end of the day they need to do it for their living.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:02 pm 
Fishaholic

I've heard this do it for their living thing from most people and when I sit down and think and relate to it..... I can't help but tell myself.... what rubbish!
Firstly, god has put enough on the planet, man has wasted it or not taken care of it and is continuing to. The Aborigines a tribe in Australia has decided to stop any advancement of its race, reason being, they are looking at competition over the world for commodities and don't want their future generations to be witness to this, well thats a different story and I strongly recommend anyone who might have the time, do some research on the aborigines, they have a very differnet way of life which leads even before BC and there are many things to learn, getting back to " they are doing it for their living " , what a load of c**p! We have jobs, each of us have jobs or are running a business, timing for everything is important, If I complete a months target in a week or a weeks target in a month, I might get appreciation or incentive or even a promotion, but I will also get a whole load of responsibility where if a project is not delivered it comes entirely on me and I won't be able to cope with it so instead of reaching there I achieve maybe 3 day targets in 2 days so i am an over average performer and I'm not killing myself neither throwing myself into a position where I might not be able to cope with future targets. Fishermen need to be educated, it has been done, they don't want to get educated and they are happy fishing, now what, bag limits and even limits for fishing in the sea need to be looked upon, its only the government who can make a major difference. Fisherman don't want to get educated or rather prefer not to when it comes to environment conservation, but most of them now a days have learnt about a fish finder how it is used and are using it too...... I don't know how to do it myself, neither been as bothered, I'm happy with a few or none also is better than going crazy...... All I'm trying to get at is no one needs to do so much to create a future disaster in the name of doing it for their living. By the way where we come from a rs 45 salary a day means we are not poor, and a convicted criminal's daily nutrition spend is Rs 75, A No brainer here : " If your poor, your better off in jail." so tomorrow we will have convicts running all over the place in the name of their living, why don't we look at it in this way, 1 fish is a meal and 100 fish can easily pay fuel, and boat investment and wages etc. plus if there are laws then why not a law on fish kill limit, fish size killing etc. I have been in a state of shock after I've seen a million grouper babies and I can't stomach people are doing it for their living and everyone in the world is OK with it. Sorry I'm not ok with this doing it for their living bit. Not ok. Its a brutal massacre of a pretty race of fish which grows pretty big in size and is very tasty to eat and is used in fish n chips the famous english meal all across most parts of the world and I can't but stomach how fisherman are doing it themselves, maybe they are just too ignorant, if they are the government has many learned fellows, I hope signing the greenpeace link which Kryptoz has posted might make a difference. Lets not hold back! Lets hope someday we all can share spots rather than having to guard them out of all sorts of fear.

My 2 cents.
Regards,
Omesh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:49 am 
Fishaholic

In most of the docks i see heaps of small fishes and prawns as large as to cover a one storey flat.
Also see tonnes of sardines taken. so the food chain gets a cut off there may be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:03 pm 
Fishaholic

dmelloralf wrote:
In most of the docks i see heaps of small fishes and prawns as large as to cover a one storey flat.
Also see tonnes of sardines taken. so the food chain gets a cut off there may be.

So are you trying to imply that since bait fish are anyways being massacred by the millions the bigger fish don't have food so they can and should also be massacred? I seen groupers man! each one of them with massive potential to grow big and real real big been killed when they have just come into this world. People justify it saying they're doing it for a living, don't other species or animals have a right to live too! and by killing them at the rate they are being killed there won't be fish left in the sea after sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
dmelloralf wrote:

So are you trying to imply that since bait fish are anyways being massacred by the millions the bigger fish don't have food so they can and should also be massacred? I seen groupers man! each one of them with massive potential to grow big and real real big been killed when they have just come into this world. People justify it saying they're doing it for a living, don't other species or animals have a right to live too! and by killing them at the rate they are being killed there won't be fish left in the sea after sometime.

Yes dude they doing it for the living :(
But with good education i guess they can change to Sustainable Fishing and earn better.
For that we need to keep passing on the message to others in the right way. Not in an arrogant or harsh manner as it may have a negative effect.

And I didnt mention that the bigger fishes can be massacred. i meant to say that, its just that the bait fishes are not there to make the pradatory fish as big as they used to grow.

:-) :-) :-)