* By Lata Rani, Correspondent
* Published: 00:00 June 12, 2011
Patna: When dog bites man, that is not news; but when man bites dog, that is news.
The old adage which journalists use as standard for what is news has found a new and bizarre twist in a fishing village in Bihar after a ten-year-old boy accidentally swallowed a live fish and it started biting his stomach.
Authorities said Mohammad Rizwan was fishing near Surajpur village in Kishanganj district on Thursday when his net snared a 500 gram fish.
The boy tried to get hold of the fish, but the creature managed to slip out of his hands each time he made an effort.
He then held the net with both hands and tried to catch the fish using his mouth, but the fish suddenly slipped through his mouth and went straight into his stomach and started stinging.
Rizwan was immediately rushed to the Mata Gujari Medical College and Hospital at Kishanganj where the doctors tried their best to get the fish out of his stomach but failed.
With his condition deteriorating rapidly, the boy was transferred to another hospital at Siliguri in West Bengal where doctors managed to extract the fish from his stomach.
Source : http://gulfnews.com/news/world/india/li ... k-1.820340