->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:06 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Choose your thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:32 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Guys,
This is an observation and a request, that i am sure Bops and most of the guys would second. Many of the members of the forum are using the wrong threads to make their posts.
For example Tackle talk should come under its own thread and not be mixed up under the Jain Kul and Mekadatu thread, this is just one example. If we think a little before making our posts it will give the man with the long beard less to do and more to smile about.
Have a great day. :lol:
Regards
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:02 pm 
Fishaholic

I agree ....

Post subject: yes
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:08 pm 
Fishaholic

Makes sense

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:49 pm 
Fishaholic

This forum started on a very right note and I think many of us learned a lot in a short period. As for me I learned ABC of angling from this place but off late it is turning in to a freaking chatting forum. Every thread you visit will contain everything other than heading.

I don't have much experience in Angling, am just a neophyte so I don't think I can share too much when it’s come to angling experiences but I am a regular visitor to the site and I come here to learn but now days all I find here is BS. I know I can be told to F*** O** but still on the risk of somebody telling me that I must say that we are heading in wrong direction guys.

Think about it...

-Inder
PS: And if its only me who thinks like that then.. I AM SORRY and carry on guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:40 am 
Fishaholic

Hey Kanwar,

Thanks for the heads up, dude !! See, everyone is entitled to their opinions and freedom of speech.. I personally feel that things should be taken in the right sense and if your feelings are hurt, then you are free to PM the bugger and tell him what you feel..

Am also a beginner when it comes to the level and experience of fishing that most of these anglers here, have.. 90% of the stuff here goes over my head, but that doesn't mean that i lose interest in it.. there are some great guys here who have taught me a lot.. Some consciously and unconsciously (freddie ?? :twisted: ) !! And am very grateful for that, and without whose help I would not be able to make the trip of my lifetime this December...

There has been a lot said regarding thread hijacking and there is a thread dedicated to that even (Bops ?? :twisted: )

At the end of the day, a little banter and rib-poking is welcome, else things would get very monotonous.. On a personal level, I have not met any of the anglers face-to-face, but through this forum and the stuff that we share, I feel that I have known them since donkey's years..

There is no BS over here because each member is mature enough to know the consequences of his statements and the others should also be mature enough to take it in the right spirit. And am also pretty sure that no one will be giving you the f-word. And they have no right too..

If you still feel that things require a change, please do feel free to PM me or any other member that may have offended you.. After all, we are here to have a good time and let's not mess things up...

I trust this will clear things out.. Tight lines and hang loose !!! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Now thats a diplomatic way of saying...F***O**, Kofi :lol:

There is something in what Kawar said about the BS, now, is someone feeling guilty??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Bobster - Never did feel guilty ! have a clear conscience, mate.. And a broad-mind.. Have had stuff thrown at me (Freddie - U listening ?? :twisted: ) but its all cool.. Never taken them personally.. Never will.

I think sometimes we miss the plot but hell.... nobody is perfect !! Atleast I know who can take a joke and who may not handle it..

With warm regards,
Kofi :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:10 pm 
Fishaholic

No worries Gav.... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:18 pm 

kanwar76 wrote:
This forum started on a very right note and I think many of us learned a lot in a short period. As for me I learned ABC of angling from this place but off late it is turning in to a freaking chatting forum. Every thread you visit will contain everything other than heading.

I don't have much experience in Angling, am just a neophyte so I don't think I can share too much when it’s come to angling experiences but I am a regular visitor to the site and I come here to learn but now days all I find here is BS. I know I can be told to F*** O** but still on the risk of somebody telling me that I must say that we are heading in wrong direction guys.

Think about it...

-Inder
PS: And if its only me who thinks like that then.. I AM SORRY and carry on guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey chandrasekhar or whoever you are ... Bugger off ....dont muddy the water once its settled ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:58 am 
Fishaholic

The convention in the UK is to start a new thread and put (OT) in the subject header so everyone knows that it is not to do with the normal subjects.

Then you can really jump on thread hijackers :evil:

Ha, ha, I just used that as an excuse to post my 100th posting
I've scored a ton! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:31 am 
Fishaholic

Steve Lockett wrote:
The convention in the UK is to start a new thread and put (OT) in the subject header so everyone knows that it is not to do with the normal subjects.

Then you can really jump on thread hijackers :evil:

Ha, ha, I just used that as an excuse to post my 100th posting
I've scored a ton! :roll:

Hi Steve,

I really didn't get your point there. Am i posting in a wrong thread : :?

Chandrasekharasodi

Why in the hell are you quoting my post and posting it.. spit it out man what you wanna say or else as freddy said. I never replied to this thread coz i realized there is enough &^%& happening on some other thread.. so stop *&^* around and get a life...

-Inder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:44 am 
Fishaholic

K76, I'm agreeing with your first point; in the UK, if you hijack a thread and turn it into a chat, you soon get the cold shoulder.
Best to start a new post and mark it OT so then people like yourself, who need to gather the real info don't have to wade through loads of BS.

Most UK forums don't allow any kind of swearing, either, even if it is hidden by f*****g asterisks!
LOL :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:52 am 
Fishaholic

Steve Lockett wrote:
Most UK forums don't allow any kind of swearing, either, even if it is hidden by f*****g asterisks!
LOL :lol:

:oops: :oops: :oops: