->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:28 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:44 am 
Enlightened

Few days back an angler died during angling in hyderabad...i was just worrying how many anglers died the same way..........and did any of the member of this forum died in that way??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:35 pm 
Fishaholic

I am really sorry to hear about this.

If any of us die or have died while angling we are not telling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:41 pm 
Fishaholic

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

ken... that was super crazy... first the sincere sadness and then the macabre humour.... ghost anglers on the forum.... bound to earth and restless till they catch the big one..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:56 pm 
Fishaholic

That is sad news.
How did he die Basharath?

Ravi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:36 am 
Fishaholic

Mahaseerken wrote:
I am really sorry to hear about this.

If any of us die or have died while angling we are not telling.

Absolutely fantastic humor! reminds me of Monty python!

Like hamour said... ghost anglers on the forum.... bound to earth and restless till they catch the big one... this one is the freaky side of humor, its a lil freaky because i can't help but wonder if someday i end up being that ghost!

Anyways jokes apart! this is serious.... someone died angling!!! how could he possibly manage it? was he fishing at lake placid?!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:07 pm 
Fishaholic

This is a morbid topic but difficult to stay away from it. How could any one die while angling?? well, there are a million ways one could kick it doing just that.

I am sure every angler who has been at this sport for a while, would have experiences to tell of their near escapes.

I for one had a few . I started angling very early in life so my experience naturally would start early.

When i was twelve got carried away in a rubber raft out to sea at sunset while fishing a esuary mouth ,on a strong out going tide, lost sight of land, and the incoming tide bought me back to land at day break!!

Another time even earlier had to jumb into the rapids chased by wild bees and barely survived drowning.

Got carried away in a fast river in the amazon more recently. 20 years ago almost broke my leg while fishing in colaba on the rocks I could see my shin bone there.

My son Jeenu got pulled in by a Gt into a rough surf. we just about managed to hold on to his legs before he went overboard. Then once he did go overboard and surfaced behind the boat in the lakshadweep.
Rahul and Jeenu ( My sons) both almost drowned trying to swim from a live a board to a deserted island in the Maldives caught in a rip tide.

These are just a few of the many more instances.

Its of paramount importance to be aware of your surroundings. Try to fish with company if you are fishing from the rocks in the night. Watch where you put your foot at every step. Be very aware, specially when you have a fish on the end of your line. Keep your eyes open for snakes when fishing in rough country. Watch out for that treble ( dont step on one or hook your buddy while casting) The list is endless.

I think there is a post somewhere here on survival and safety.

Take care guys,

Jeen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:02 am 

Bhasharath

please get back on the thread as to clearly mentioning the age of the person who passed away, doing what he like doing best,

or was there an accident?

the thread seems to have gone in a wrong direction . In Hyderabad most of the angler's are super seniors, yesterday at my angling spot i saw a senior being carried down the embankment to fish and then carried back up reason he had broken his hip bone in a bath room fall and is bedridden. The bloke wanted to catch his last few before he left for good.

The web administrators can start a new section "Fish got better of them, in their memory"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:28 am 
Enlightened

@ijahtnas

dear i was not there personally at the spot where he died..but i heard that his age was around 40..he slipped into the water and not knowing swimming he drowned..

i read many times in the news papers that "a boy" 'a man" drowned during fishing.i think this dying people might not be the professional anglers...thats the reason i want to know from u all weather any professional angler died during angling.

even if some professional died i am not going to stop angling :lol: but can take safety measures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:48 pm 
Fishaholic

thats the spirit "i'm not going to stop angling".as far as us all weather professional anglers are concerned we use goretex,we know how to swim and we carry a lifejacket always.may the dead angler be sitting on a crescent moon and fishing.r.i.p.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Jeen .. now i know why you and your sons get those fishes .... coz u guys have paid your dues well and proper..

your accounts of all that happed to you guys ..is truly scary and having survived ... if just great.. thanks to God's favour and your grit and strong mind i suppose.

may you and your sons see a long and healthy and happy life and many more great fish....