->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:03 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:50 pm 
Fishaholic

I have this thought in my mind, what if some snake bite the lure/bait and gets hooked ? Will you loose the line and lure (cut it off) or is there a way to save the bait/lure without touching/killing the prey ? I am very scared of snakes be it venomous or otherwise and if I don't throw away my rod and run, I would rather cut the line and get away from the place.. how would you react ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:55 pm 
Fishaholic

The one time I saw this happening, the snake fell back in water when we starting reeling in. We were standing at some height from the water and after giving few good twiches...it fell off. Anyways...I have heard that snakes are tasty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:55 pm 

Almost in all of my fishing trips I see water snakes and recently one kid caught a water snake on his hook and played with it for some time before throwing it back into water :)
If you are afraid of snakes then you must take someone who is not afraid of with you :)

And btw, snakes will only tase the bait if it is a frog or fish or something that tingles their tongue ... so you are always safe(unless snake catches the fish you are fishing for :D) fishing with Konda.