->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:31 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Hybrid Pups
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:05 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Guys my Dalmatian is expecting puppies shortly she mated with my Doberman,its a rare combination of a guard dog/watch dog but both are in the working class category.Anyone interested in puppies PM me just a note both breeds are intelligent but my Doberman has a temperament which is hard to find extremely gentle.I am giving away the pups free.

Last edited by heliox1965 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:52 am 
Fishaholic

Neilu get both of them neutered .... good for you and them .... LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:54 am 
Fishaholic

First thing after the litter is over Fred.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:17 am 
Fishaholic

Interesing mix, the last month I had gone over to a Garage to change my car windscreen, there is a guy who shares part of the garage space and he breeds dogs, he has some Shar pei and St. Bernards.

When I was over the other day, he had a few dogs that were simply beautiful and I could not tell what they were, larger than the size of a average Dobbermen, and looked like something between a Dalmation and Dobbermen, they were dark chocolate all over even coat, with darker dalmation like spots. Wonder if they were the same mix as yours Neil?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:19 pm 

will take one pls... but from where to pick up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:22 am 
Fishaholic

Bobby they maybe similar,but i just discovered that cross bred dogs turn out to be very hardy and the defects in a particular breed do not occur.My friend mated a Doberman with a Alsatian and the pups turned out just superb both temperamental and looks. Balaboxi the pickup is pune i will keep you updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Niel!

Mixed and 'ethinic' (mongrels) are the best dogs to keep. they are hardy, resistant to most of the illnesses out there and always end up with very fine and protective temperaments.

My Dals will eat anything but Wally, the mixed bloke, will only eat stuff put properly in a bowl. Throw something on the floor and he'll wrinkle his nose and walk away.

Half the number of trips to the Vet too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:33 am 
Fishaholic

Well it would have to be, the gene pool is more diverse, and the defective baggage that comes with a pure bred due to breeding within a restrictive gene pool are spread out, that is why pure breeds have their own inherited defects and a certain problem is more inherently found in particular breeds. E.g. Dalmatians with hearing problems, eye anomalies in collies and some other dogs and the hind leg problem (CHD) with a lot of German Shepherds mostly originating from the American gene pool.

Well I am no dog expert, it is just that I did a lot of research on dog breeds, when we decided to get a pup home a few months ago. Settled for a Labrador Retriever eventually, and yet after all that research, the one I got has a defect in the tail (the joint at the tip is out of joint, this causes it to curve more than what a normal lab would) which has got many of my friends to tell me that he has got some mastiff in him. His temperament is also not Lab like, he does not take to outsiders easily, especially when they come home and takes time to settle down. And he hates the Postman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:14 am 
Fishaholic

Can you train them to catch fish? :D