->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 10:56 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:34 am 
Fishaholic

Hey friends
just wanted to know about Fish and Milk (Myth or Reality)
furing childhood i was not allowed to eat fish as i used to drink milk twice a day and still im not supposed to eat fish if i have had milk product a couple of hours ago.......
is it something with all the fish or there are some particular fish or its just a myth...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 11:37 am 
Fishaholic

I have heard such things for the first time. Maybe people from this part of india does not follow it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Interestingly, I think it stems from the Jewish rule, that they cannot have a milk product with any meat...... so, no McDonald sand-witch with cheese.

we must have picked up this thinking from middle east over the centuries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:53 pm 
Fishaholic

I have also heard something like this but i think it applies more to sea fish and milk cause some of the sea foods are alergic in nature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 1:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Dont know much about why, but I was told the same as a kid. At that time we didnt get a chance to question elders or their wisdom. It has something to do with our digestive system.

Maybe you should try drinking a glass of milk (first) & then soon afterwards have some sourlime.......voila you will get curds (Come on, go ahead & try it) :lol:

:o)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:09 pm 
Fishaholic

I was also told the same.

Once my friend had skin allergy when he combined curd rice and dry fish fry. But many a times i have tried curd rice with fish or dry fish. No reaction as of now.

Let me try a glass of milk with fish fry in place of biscuit. I will try this on sunday and keep you all updated soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Keyur wrote:
Maybe you should try drinking a glass of milk (first) & then soon afterwards have some sourlime.......voila you will get curds (Come on, go ahead & try it) :lol:
:o)

hey to tell you...... in fish curry that my mom prepares she use fresh curd....
but still question remains
milk and fish?
any idea?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:03 pm 
Fishaholic

ask a bong mate since childhood we eat fish with, after or before milk products nothing seems to be wrong in that. I think it is as simple as not have milk immediately after or before any spicy food.I think it just screws your digestive system other wise i think all other is bull..., or most of the bongs would have been dead by now they can not live without the sweet-curd (mishti doi)after a good meal or couple of Sandesh or Rassagolla all hard core milk products and any good meal of a bong have have couple of fish dishes in it . So there you are :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Even i have heard about this in the dermatology ward from few patients, it causes skin allergy or psoriasis i some cases not in all.

Saravanan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:34 pm 
Enlightened

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Last edited by vishnucochin on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:53 am 
Fishaholic

My community too has this beleif, but I eat curd before during and after a fish meal; am still alive to write this :P
regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:09 am 
Fishaholic

IT IS A MYTH GUYS! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:33 am 
Fishaholic

rajatmukherje wrote:
ask a bong mate since childhood we eat fish with, after or before milk products nothing seems to be wrong in that. I think it is as simple as not have milk immediately after or before any spicy food.I think it just screws your digestive system other wise i think all other is bull..., or most of the bongs would have been dead by now they can not live without the sweet-curd (mishti doi)after a good meal or couple of Sandesh or Rassagolla all hard core milk products and any good meal of a bong have have couple of fish dishes in it . So there you are :D :D

FLuff that explains why you let go all the time at both ends ... Fish and Milk it is then ...........Santo theres your answer to keep him quiet on the next IA competition .... dont let him bring his cow along LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:54 am 
Fishaholic

Fredfish wrote:

FLuff that explains why you let go all the time at both ends ... Fish and Milk it is then ...........Santo theres your answer to keep him quiet on the next IA competition .... dont let him bring his cow along LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Fredfish wrote:
rajatmukherje wrote:

since when you experienced me going with my both end friend? please would you like to explain and don't worry about IA competition I am not going any way and since you never make it you don't have to worry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Fredfish wrote:

Fred..... :lol: :lol:
This is going to be Very interesting IA competition ... :twisted: A special Room for Fred & Rajat... what you say guys..?? :lol: :lol: Fluff me rolling on the floor laughing :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:36 pm 
Fishaholic

:lol: :lol: :lol: