->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:25 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Nightmare
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Last night I had a terrible nightmare, must have been the dinner I had! It went something like this.....

The Govt started a new law where one needed a licence to carry a fishing rod :shock: pretty similar to an arms licence.
People had to go to the comissioner's office to get a licence, then the cops inspected your house and if they thought you really needed to fish, they issued you with the licence.
One was only allowed 3 rods. All extra rods had to be surrendered to the nearest police station.
There was a limitation to the kind of rod you had!!! 80lb class was a 'prohibited bore' :P :P Only the cops and army use 80lb and 130lb class rods.
We were not allowed to have more than 100 hooks at any given time!!! Could only buy 25 at a time.
We were not allowed to carry our rods out of the district, unless we applied for a state licence along with sufficient proof :P :P :P

Just imagine if that really happened
:twisted:

Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:06 pm 
Fishaholic

Must be anxiety pangs MM
Can understand what you are going through.
Regards
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Whatever u ate, don't eat it again, mate !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:52 pm 
Fishaholic

Be happy it was only a nightmare. For some of us it's reality.

Rustam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Mighty ,, let me explain to you hows it done when ure not fishing . Ok get a glass . put your fingers next to it . measure out 2 fingers ( Gav u keep out of this ) then you open the colored bottle . Put your fingers next to the glass . Aim and pour into the glass ( remember spills and leftover are evidence ) . Once the measurement is right . ... head for the freezer ( not the morgue ) but the one in your house ( forget it if the house looks like one ) . get out the cubes -- not the one that looks like red meat but the ones thats transparent ( they call it ice ) drop ice in colored liquid ( not the one near the sink thats detergent ) then after this exotic concotion is down your throat ... walk towards home ... for directions look on the ring finger .. its on the left hand .. second from left ... and please Gav u stay out of this one cause im trying to help someone here ... not try to get into their pants ... Is sania playing today ???

God help me im mmeting Owen on sunday

Tight lines friends

The VODKA WAS good tonite

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:17 am 
Fishaholic

Scary :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:47 am 

mighty M,
What you trying to do, make me give up fishing afore i started :twisted: Man, that some crazy stuff you had-sure it wasnt a tainted fish? best follow that advice about the glass,ice and GULP! :wink:
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:34 am 
Fishaholic

Just saw some bad news on Hindustan times in Mumbai 23.09.06 regarding degredation and poaching along the Indian coast line and the review of permission to operate fishing boats to fish (commercial & sport fishing) will probably also figure on the list.
MM is a visionary mates and is probably facing hell trying to get his operations launched. His post came just a few days before this press release. Hope that is as far as his nightmare goes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:16 pm 
Fishaholic

Owen,

The "Poaching" they are probably referring to are of foreign boats that come and fish in Indian Waters, Chinese, Korean, Taiwanese etc. These guys fish with sophisticated equipment and trolling nets that the drag over the seabed literally siphoning the life out of the sea and damaging corals etc.

They should be blasted out of the water.

The problem with Indian fishermen is they use nets during spawning season and are lazy to come daily twice to check their nets. Most of the damage is done coastally where they just dump their nets in the water in a thoughtless manner, wankers!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:52 pm 
Fishaholic

MM I suppose it's one way of creating employment for all theold fishos. It will also give them the opportunity to pay back old scores, targetting those MEAN ex-mates who bagged them on the forum. Your next dream may enact this scene!! Also possible I will dream this episode and see most of you in handcuffs!!! Cheers.
By the way should not our birthdays give the year as well??
glenn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:56 am 
Fishaholic

Hey Freddie, thanks for the advice [smilie=sillyjester.gif] [smilie=sillyjester.gif]

Bloody instructions worked like a charm (hic....)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:01 pm 

Gavin,
They should, coming from a master...I should try it out me self!
axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:13 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Glenn, its a thought but I guess most of them buggers on IA are too embarrassed to tell us the Year.. You see, we have some dinosaurs and fossils among us :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:52 am 
Fishaholic

Good one Gavin! Never seen a dinasaur in my life, except the ones you see in museums.Do you know Dougie Evans. He worked for J & P Coats. He is also a keen fisherman and now lives in Brisbane. At one time a Calcutta boy. And Jim Earle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:36 am 
Fishaholic

Sorry Mate ... WAAAAAYYYYYYY before my time.. Am only 25 years young..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:03 pm 
Fishaholic

GAV .I got some other instructions on various other topics that may interest you ..................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:19 am 
Fishaholic

Freddie - You've got mail !!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: