->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:57 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: India meets Italy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:51 am 
Fishaholic

This is an Accident that happened a few months ago at Mandva off Mumbai where usually all the Mumbai yachts are parked and serviced, wanted these pics since a long time but finally my friend who was the captain of the yacht gave them to me, well this was a brand new Italian Azimut which had just arrived and when the huge crane was lowering it on the water a simple pin that cost RS.800/- gave away and the yacht crashed with the crane boom over it, the yacht was destroyed and it took 3 cranes and 2 JCB's to bring the fallen crane up, fortunately no body was hurt as the men manning the cables just jumped off in the nick of time, the yacht owner got back 70% of the value from the insurance company, Azimut promptly shipped him another yacht and everyone lived happily ever after...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Ouch! There should be a censor certificate on these pictures. Very disturbing.

I am sure you'll see the old broken yacht standing next to the new one very soon. And you won't be able to tell the difference. Some crazy old boatyard will do a fantastic repair job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:21 am 
Fishaholic

Crane drivers..........! Boom too far out...Boom angle too low,This is not the First time or the last.Most crane drivers in India where used to the fixed boom cranes but with the heavy lift telescoping boom cranes on the scene its like switching from a bullock cart to a Ferrari.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:02 am 
Fishaholic

Happened here in Hong Kong as well, infact I missed out by a few seconds. We were going to drive through a tunnel. There was some work going on by the side of the road which is elivated by about 10 - 15 feet I guess where a crane was positioned doing some lifting. This was owing to the fact that the rock was carved through for the begining of the tunned that runs through a mountain.

The Crane on the right toppled over and the top of the boom fell right into the middle of our road we just passed only seconds ago but it got the next car square on the bonnet, the driver had braked just in time and was saved. No casualties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:35 am 
Fishaholic

Where is the broken one stored, :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:55 pm 
Fishaholic

Bobby wrote:
Happened here in Hong Kong as well, infact I missed out by a few seconds. We were going to drive through a tunnel. There was some work going on by the side of the road which is elivated by about 10 - 15 feet I guess where a crane was positioned doing some lifting. This was owing to the fact that the rock was carved through for the begining of the tunned that runs through a mountain.

The Crane on the right toppled over and the top of the boom fell right into the middle of our road we just passed only seconds ago but it got the next car square on the bonnet, the driver had braked just in time and was saved. No casualties.

Well Bobby next time i see one of those big cranes at work i know for sure i am not going anywhere close or within its range.

Alibhai the boat is still there at the warehouse in Mandva but its junk now and the warehouse guys have ravaged all they can to be used as spares and as for the hull its useless now.

Post subject: India meets Italy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:38 pm 
Hi,

Im wondering if you could do anything at all within India what would you do, where would you go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:15 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Walter,

Noticed you have been making quite a few posts but I have not seen any introduction in the intro section, members on IA like an intro of shorts and you tend to get a lot of responses with an introduction.

Welcome to IA.

Bobby