->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:57 pm

All times are UTC+05:30




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Croc attack at Powai
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:07 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:51 pm
Posts: 758
Location: Panvel
Hey guys check this link out. :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Citi ... 289435.cms


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:09 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:58 pm
Posts: 3013
Location: Hong Kong
That's what happens when you live in a place called Fakipura Chawl :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:18 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:29 pm
Posts: 2187
Location: Mumbai
Bobby wrote:
That's what happens when you live in a place called Fakipura Chawl :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



:lol: :lol:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:31 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 4:35 am
Posts: 560
Location: Pune, India
thats some wit there bobby.
macabre humor , but im all cracked up. :P :P


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:51 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:15 pm
Posts: 234
Location: Mumbai
Bobby wrote:
That's what happens when you live in a place called Fakipura Chawl :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


:lol: good observation!


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:04 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:32 am
Posts: 687
Location: Coonoor
Heard about this incident last week, guy bitten was a friend's friend. How the hell did a croc get into Powai lake? Hope the wound was washed with antiseptic.
Regards


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:20 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:58 pm
Posts: 3013
Location: Hong Kong
michaelaga wrote:
Hope the wound was washed with antiseptic.
Regards


I think the Doctors would have done that, they are not so bad back home :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:34 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:15 pm
Posts: 234
Location: Mumbai
Bobby wrote:
michaelaga wrote:
Hope the wound was washed with antiseptic.
Regards


I think the Doctors would have done that, they are not so bad back home :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


hahaha...

Quote:
How the hell did a croc get into Powai lake?


Michael, at powai the crocs were always there..

Regards,
Madhur.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:09 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:51 pm
Posts: 758
Location: Panvel
Bobby wrote:
That's what happens when you live in a place called Fakipura Chawl :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Chawl or no Chawl.... That bugger was a handliner for sure....


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:46 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Just outside New Delhi
Quick question. Do crocs take a spinner or plug?


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:27 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:58 pm
Posts: 3013
Location: Hong Kong
Mahaseerken wrote:
Quick question. Do crocs take a spinner or plug?


Tibia most likely..


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:16 am 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 4:35 am
Posts: 560
Location: Pune, India
hahahahahahahahahhahahah!!!!!!!!!! :P :P bobby !!! man you rock!!!!!!

Thank God your not a fish.

At the rate you take hit at the stuff posted , is you were a fish , you'd be hitting a lot of lures.

You crack me up. :lol: :lol:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:13 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:38 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: Mumbai
The true story of this accident is some thing else than what is published here. The man in question is a Poacher, who entered the lake on a tube to lay his net and accidentally stepped on the submerged reptile. The Crock attacked only once and did not pursue and that is what saved this man’s life.

The real part of the tragedy is not this crocodile attack but the very ill-informed attempt to beautify the Powai lake by authorities. In a bid to de-silt the Hiranandani corner of the lake, all small islands which hitherto were basking and breeding places for these reptiles were destroyed and now these creatures does not have any place. Till now there was no crock attack recorded in Powai but now I think this is the first danger bells ringing. If we go on perusing very ill informed and unnecessary destruction in the name of development, these accidents are bound to happen.

May god bless us all;

Regards,

Ali.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:21 pm
Posts: 1093
Location: Mumbai
angler_ali wrote:
The true story of this accident is some thing else than what is published here. The man in question is a Poacher, who entered the lake on a tube to lay his net and accidentally stepped on the submerged reptile. The Crock attacked only once and did not pursue and that is what saved this man’s life.

The real part of the tragedy is not this crocodile attack but the very ill-informed attempt to beautify the Powai lake by authorities. In a bid to de-silt the Hiranandani corner of the lake, all small islands which hitherto were basking and breeding places for these reptiles were destroyed and now these creatures does not have any place. Till now there was no crock attack recorded in Powai but now I think this is the first danger bells ringing. If we go on perusing very ill informed and unnecessary destruction in the name of development, these accidents are bound to happen.

May god bless us all;

Regards,

Ali.


you so bang on right in past one year only we saw the devastation If remember I also posted a pick of crock taken by Allan against the back drop of that damn Hirnandani complex . These guys are quite harmless other wise remember the night partner when he almost came to our machaan . you and me must have seen them at close hand number of times so have other members at powai and not once we have felt threaten .
They talk about creating facilities and beautifying the area this what happened. Not a single person in the authority gives a damn truly god bless us all :( :(


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:55 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 pm
Posts: 2142
Location: Just outside New Delhi
You guys have to remember one thing Please. A crocs brain is smaller than a walnut. So though he might have got used to the machans and all the activity around the fishing club he is still looking for a meal, constantly. So while he has not attacked anyone till date that does not in anyway mean that he is now harmless.


The sad thing is that here is a creature that has survived without changing since the passing of the dinos. This he has managed because he is a great survivor. Now he has met a creature that no lesson in evolution has prepared him for - The real estate developer. And this will be the end of him.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:18 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 9:38 pm
Posts: 1882
Location: Mumbai
Mahaseerken wrote:
Now he has met a creature that no lesson in evolution has prepared him for - The real estate developer. And this will be the end of him.


Very Sad but true..

Ali..


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:03 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:01 pm
Posts: 395
Location: Kuwait.
Mahaseerken wrote:
The sad thing is that here is a creature that has survived without changing since the passing of the dinos. This he has managed because he is a great survivor. Now he has met a creature that no lesson in evolution has prepared him for - The real estate developer. And this will be the end of him.


very well said
and thats going to be true....
we have numerous stories of tiger rehabilitations where it has gone totally wrong.....
Authorities just do it for the sake of it without referring to researchers and experts in the same field......


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:59 pm 
Offline
Fishaholic

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:39 pm
Posts: 200
Location: Pakistan
M'Ken, I dont know about crocs but a gator once followed a countdown rapala I was fishing in the Everglades.
Needless to say, I moved on to another spot...


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:12 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:51 pm
Posts: 758
Location: Panvel
angler_ali wrote:
The man in question is a Poacher,
May god bless us all;
Regards,
Ali.


Yeah... I guessed as much... he deserves it then. :twisted:


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:29 am 
Offline
Fishaholic
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:21 pm
Posts: 1093
Location: Mumbai
angler_ali wrote:
Mahaseerken wrote:
Now he has met a creature that no lesson in evolution has prepared him for - The real estate developer. And this will be the end of him.


Very Sad but true..

Ali..


well said partners


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:18 pm
Posts: 45
Location: Wiltshire, UK
MahaseerKen wrote:

"Quick question. Do crocs take a spinner or plug?"

Yes they will take lures, my friend had one in Uganda a few years ago of about two meters length which took a virtually static Rapala while he was sorting out a birds nest.

I've also seen a photo of a French angler with a smallish lure caught caimen in South America and he was actually holding it for the photo!

They will also take fish you are fighting which happened to me three weeks ago in Uganda. I had a 39kg nile perch taken, the croc dropped it after shaking it at the surface and the fish was landed and aparently survived with a few cuts.

Andypike


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 

All times are UTC+05:30


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited