->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:12 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Anyone can tell me how to transfer pix from my cellphone to the forum...

HHEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPP PLLLLLLEASEEEEEEEEE [smilie=grineyes.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:01 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Gavin, forget the pix for a while dude. Can you give us the recipe for ground bait for Rohu / Mirgal / Grass carp / Catla ??
Even better send some down south :lol:
Owen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Gavin Ridge Cooke wrote:
Anyone can tell me how to transfer pix from my cellphone to the forum...

HHEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPP PLLLLLLEASEEEEEEEEE [smilie=grineyes.gif]

Yeah sure Gavin,

Just put your cell in an envelope and post it to me. I'll do the rest :wink:

Regards,
Mighty M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:23 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Owen,

For catla i use of lot of sweet-scented stuff. They just love that. My groundbait would be "ghee-gaard", which is the residue left after making sweets. You can buy this off any sweetshop. There are 2 types of "gaard". One is the "Ghee" and the other is "Ras". The "Ras" or the syrup residue is mixed with the ghee gaard in the ration of 3:7... for every 10kgs of groundbait i make, i add a bottle of rum to the mixture ( Actually half of the bottle is mixed inside me :lol: ) Put it in a container and keep it away. The longer you keep it away the better it gets.. It normally takes a month to become a catla-puller.. Mix a bit of the ground bait with your bread paste, add some ant's eggs and bon appetit :P

For rohu/mrigal and other non catla fish, use a mixture of ghee gaard and oil cake. Ratio of 6:4 . Also for a mixture of 10kgs, take a kg of garlic. Just give the pods a little knock so they break open and then add them to the mixture. A litre if rapeseed oil mixed with this should have you pulling the big rohus in a month's time ...

If you still not able to get it done, I will send u some photos of my latest catches.. You will know why i swear by this ground bait.. 8)

Hey MM, love to send u my mobile... As long as u only post the pix from it and not the video clippings :twisted: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:00 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Gavin,
No reports of Catla in our lake, so i will try the concoction for Rohu. But the rum part, are you having me on mate?
Is this concoction used for ground bait ? If so then it must be very liquidy? What do you put in the groundbait to bind it and keep it in one spot on the lake ?
I mixed the oil cake with clay in the ratio of 1:1 and added hing powder and jeera powder. I know hing is not permitted in your club waters right ?
So do you use garlic instead ?
Regards
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:41 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Owen,

1 bottle of rum doesnt make much difference in 10kgs of ground bait. I usually mix the ground bait with some soft mud taken from the banks of the place that am fishing from. Mix it in ratios of 2:1 and make them into tennis-ball sizes and drop them at the place where u intend to fish. This will do the trick.

Have tried hing but didnt work, I use garlic only for the groundbait as it tends to make the groundbait smell stronger. But i strongly suggest that u try and get the gaard-stuff. Its really fantastic. The oil it provides get the fish attracted to it, BIG BIG TIME ...
You can also use coconut oil with your bait.

Have noticed that big fish are attracted by oily stuff so also suggest that you use cake-cuttings which you can get from your local bakeries.

Have caught some fantastic catlas with this bait [smilie=cool_goatee.gif]

But if u still having problemo, then let me know and i will send u some of this stuff :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Send the rum seperately pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:51 pm 
Fishaholic

[smilie=zzz.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:56 am 

Okay, time for eljefe's silly question of the month!

What is rape seed oil? you sure you got the spelling right? :shock:

As for transferring the pics Gavin , you have to use blue tooth option on your cell ( if you have it), get a blue tooth dongle about 500-800 bucks-i swear thats what its called! :wink: and fix it on your pc-one of the com ports, load the software from the hopefully supplied cd onto your pc, then open this option, let it recognise your cell.After that, send msg option on the cell? send as -bluetooth.
Easier option would be to walk into a digital photo place, who'll pull out the memory card from your phone, put it into a card reader and transfer the pics you want(not the video you dont :twisted: )
Or-get your self a card reader
finally if all this doesent work, send phone to MM
best
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:23 pm 
Fishaholic

I swear eljefe , that's the stuff [smilie=unhappy-angel.gif] . Its called rapeseed oil. God knows what the local name is.

And wats a dongle ?? :shock:
Have got a moto-razr which is one crappy phone when it comes to all this downlaoding stuff and transfer of data. Have tried but the blood thing just doesnt work [smilie=mad.gif] .. Gonna throw the bloody thing away one of these days..

Anyways will find a digital photo place and see if those bums can do something about my phone and the clippings :twisted:

And if it doesnt work, maybe and then maybe will have to send the phone to MM. [smilie=damn.gif]

Post subject: motorazr
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:50 pm 

Gavin,
I am surprised -yes, rapseed oil is not a figment of your imagination-damn thing is available here! :oops: I thought you're being naughty!!
Dongle is a device which fits into the com port of your PC-looks like a USB storage drive.
Razr's have blue tooth, ( damn , that sounds funny-how can a razr have a blue tooth?? :twisted: :twisted: )at least the one 's I've seen, so you need to get this dongle, ,load the software from supplied cd on your PC and then send pic from cell to PC...look around in your local imported/PC /elec bazaar and you can get one for about 600-800 bucks.It's basically a interface /transmitter of bluetooth signals.Thats all.

Best
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Eljefe, my brother from different parents.. Forget this thread.. My mobile went kaput yesterday.. Was fishing in the rains and had forgotten to put the mobile in its casing. Little water go to it and buggered the entire thing.. Had some good pix on it too with some big catches of the day including a 3kg mrigal and an 8-kilo grass carp... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:08 pm 

That's tough Gavin,
If the phone is KAPUT totally, the data may still be recoverable.Dry it out (after opening and removing the battery and data card) with a hair dryer. leave it overnite, do the dryer bit again after 24 hrs and then power on.I'm sure you know/have a resident gizmo whiz nearby who can help you recover the data.
bnest
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Don't be too handy with that dryer Gavin or you will fry the circuitry :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:20 pm 
Fishaholic

I had a ex colleague of mine, we were on the Piss one evening and he was getting too many calls so he takes his phone and dunks it into his pint. This phone was only about 2 weeks old.

Next morning he wakes up and on picking it sees all beer dripping out of the phone. (this guys is an engineer :oops: ) he takes his phone and put's it into the microwave, which starts sparking..he turns it off takes it to the shop. The shopkeeper opens it to find the PCB circiuts fried.

Wondering what happened to the phone, my friend demands for a new phone. The shopkeeper tells him I cannot replace this phone but I can do it with this one (a newer model)...this is Hong Kong for you.

A true story...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:12 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Owen - Knowing me and my past history with electric gizmos, i will definitely fry the circutiry :lol:

Hi Eljefe, have opened the battery and it is absolutely dry so am pretty sure that no water has gone into the phone. Guess the screen is messed up. [smilie=eye.gif]

Anyways, am getting the bloody thing done up. My warranty is still running on the phone... Planning to sell the confusing thing asap.. Hope i can get some sucker to buy the s@#* :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Get a Nokia. Mine have taken serious falls and dunks and still ticketyboo.

I am told Nokia and/or Motorola may be coming out with waterproof (or was that water resistant?) phones in the very near future.

If you can get your current one working use it till these are released.

Rustam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Yup, am planning to buy a NOKIA.. One of the N-series. Just hope by Bank Account-series can handle it :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 10:53 am 
Fishaholic

N-series are all total bugger all phones...i've had the N 72 , N 80 and the N 91..
dead slow..too bulky...over priced..but amazing picture quality especially the N-80
not worth it...
but gav..as long as ur not too vigourous :twisted: the phones user interface is smooth and easy with the data cable..
as for me...back to my good ol' 6600.. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:28 pm 
Fishaholic

for music it has to be sony ericsson walkman phone...(i hav one just amazing)
for functionality like EDGE/3G/etc...all packages nokia(think of additional virus attacks :wink: )
screen is better in nokias...but processor is slow as well
nokias fastest chip among all models is 6680/6681/6630
never buy a N series one...(that is what i got from horses' mouth aka nokia distributor of kolkata...DP Electronics, madan street, chandni)

my suggestion gav get a w800i of SE at 14K or wait for 950i/990i :lol:

regards
saiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 12:47 pm 
Fishaholic

for your info guys,,, Am still going strong with my MOTORAZR :P :P
Its had some tough times but still going strong. battery life is about a day-and a half.. Am happy :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:24 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Gavin,

If you have a motorazor, then use a Mini USB to USB cable connect it to your computer, you need the motorola phone tools software (if you dont have this I can send it to you, its a 60 MB file) else you can download this universal phone connector http://www.tucows.com/preview/501872 and syncronize it with your computer you should have all your data including the phone books (depending on the options selected) else you can browse to the directory where you have stored the images and copy them to your computer.

The mini USB to USB cable is available everywhere, it will be available in camera shops too as Nikon Cameras use the same.

REgards
Derek Dsouza

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:44 pm 
Fishaholic

:shock: :shock: :shock: Too much work mate ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:05 pm 
Fishaholic

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:29 pm 
Fishaholic

hi
send it to CELL SOLUTIONS

#67 1ST FLOOR T B R BUILDING
5th main gandhinagar
Bangalore
ph 41136533
your phone will be fixed
I own this service centre and training institute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:03 pm 
Fishaholic

Guys-My phone is in a reeeeaaaaaal crappy state.. Even if i want to sell it, I would have to pay the buyer, just to take it :roll: :roll:

Riaz - The keypad is worn out and the screen is also marked... Ever heard of Overhaulin' ?? Work on my phone would make the toughest repair job look like a walk in the park :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now u know why I dont' want to part with my phone.. Or, nobody wants to whack the bloody thing :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:47 pm 
Fishaholic

incidentally....i got mugged when i had the N80..
gav ur better off wit the RAZR..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:55 am 
Fishaholic

Derek,
why you confusing the man :?

Just lead him through the sequence of transferring data from mobile to laptop. 5 mins....

Gavin, Derek is the one who helped me transfer data from Gavin Dias's mobile to laptop. Instructions over the phone.... use another to talk :lol:
Use yours to transfer data

Jude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:44 am 
Fishaholic

i can understand if ur having problems synchronising iTunes with a V3i.
But the RAZR is quite an easy phone...
gav ur acting like a half bong ape man..buck up!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:53 am 
Fishaholic

OB's nephew had a 910i with him the other day...lovely phone...but its big enough to substitute for a sledgehammer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:05 am 
Fishaholic

You [smilie=headfuck.gif] s started with bait for fish and ended up with siemens, erricsions and noikias, cell phones. [smilie=holyshit.gif] you mfs have no consistency. Rapeseed is called `brassica napus`, you could go to Avenue road, near city market, and ask for rapeseed cake or oil. Enter avenue road , from city market side, and take the first left there are many cattle feed stores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:17 am 
Fishaholic

Quote:
you mfs have no consistency.

We are consistent at being inconsistent..

By the way guys, am going in for an O2 Cingular. What's your take on this :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:27 am 
Fishaholic

HOT phone...but if ur into fancy phones the N95 is a dream come true...10 times better than all the other phones put together..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:30 am 
Fishaholic

But isn't it a little too bulky.. Checked out hte O2, even though it is a little big but it is quite light..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:44 am 
Fishaholic

gav look at the N95 in this light...its a 5 Mega Pixel camera with the largest display screen in the market which can click photo's on both ends, make calls, send messages, it has its own dedicated music buttons, it can slide into forming what is practically a ipod nano...with the addition that it can play videos..the 3G/edge/WLAN is super fast.
and when u look at all the phones which have even half these options tey are of the same size..PLUS nokia's catch me if i fall support and customer care..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:46 am 
Fishaholic

and how would my bank balance be affected ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:10 pm 
Fishaholic

lol...dont ask...40 k MRP bangalore.. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:28 pm 
Fishaholic

gav do ya really need a palmtop???
then O2 is the way to go...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:06 pm 
Fishaholic

40k ???????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

O2 for me..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:41 pm 

Hi beemorein, on your way out from avenue road, could you drop off a litre of rapeseed oil here at delhi?Do you actually throw the latin genera etc-at the shopkeeper? ;)
thanks
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:49 pm 
Fishaholic

eljefe wrote:
Hi beemorein, on your way out from avenue road, could you drop off a litre of rapeseed oil here at delhi?Do you actually throw the latin genera etc-at the shopkeeper? ;)
thanks
Axx

Asif this is just another googly from the bee.
He is posting his bait solutions on Gavins 9 month old mobile phone thread.
Hey bee! the Indian team needs a replacement for Kumble

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:55 pm 
Fishaholic

guys...howz the n73?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:16 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Daniel,

Please check the "Coarse fishing" forum. There, you can get lots of recipes for catla,rohu,mrigel etc...

Happy Fishing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:38 pm 
Fishaholic

another ancient treasure unearthed... please revive this thread...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:52 pm 
Fishaholic

These were the good old threads.. Started off with everything fishing and ended up with stuff like "How's the wife, kids and the mistress ?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where else would you get a thread asking about groundbait and ending up in a dialogue of which is a better phone :shock: Happy Days..

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:54 pm 
Fishaholic

@ Raka - Half the people that were involved in this thread are either lost, misplaced or absconding :twisted: :twisted:

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:36 pm 
Fishaholic

those were the days... I wish I was born a little early and my dad n bro had introduced me to angling a little early, I would at least enjoyed the golden days of angling...
a lot of other buried treasures to be unearthed ! Keep digging guys !!!

regards
raka