->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:03 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: STICKERS
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:10 am 
Fishaholic

Hi bops,

A thought is coming to my mind from a few days. I thought I could share it with you and all the IA members.

Cant we make stickers and embroidary patches of Indian Angler?

It would be nice to put a sticker in our tackle box. We can proudly show to others that we are the members of the forum.

So many other forums have stickers, patches, caps, T-shirts etc. like the World sea fishing forum and so on.

We can atleast start off with the stickers now. We can pool in the amount that is required to make the stickers. Later we can sell it to our members when needed.

It is just my idea. There are so many members here.

With regards,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:37 pm 
Enlightened

and I shal be your first customer Apoo....good idea, this should be done...I am sure we have a great bunch of people on IA to get something on the line you are talking going....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Does the IA Forum have a logo?
Haven't seen one if there is.....
I guess someone would have to come up with a design first that everyone likes (that's the difficult bit!! :twisted: )
It is an idea though...

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:57 pm 
Site Admin

Hi folks,

It's a really nice idea. Thank you for thinking of this, Apoo. I will start on a logo for IA right away. If any of you have logo or sticker making skills please feel free to let us all know.

Cheers
Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Belli,

I wont be selling the stickers. In fact that part will have to be looked after by Bops only.

Hi Bops,

Wait. I am a different type of artist. It is a freeform art. Once my art teacher told me draw a picture if a mango and i drew the picture. In fact the picture looked like the map of Srilanka.

I always used to bunk the art classes. I am really poor at arts.

If I find any adea for the logo of the forum I will definitely let you know.

The printing part will have to be looked after by someone who knows any printer who prints stickers.

There should be two types of stickers. Type one should be like the ones which we stick in opeque surfaces like tackle boxes, bags etc. The other type which is also equally important is the type which we stick in the windshields of cars (we stick them from inside) and window panes.

Let me know of others ideas also.

We can definitely come up with a very bright solution to this idea.

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:56 pm 

Hi Bops,

You could ask Ritika who is a member of this forum - she is a designer and a good one at that. Ask her nicely and I'm sure she will oblige. :-)

Rahulrao could help with the making of the stickers - his company manufacturers sticker paper. :wink:

Cauvery Cowboy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:57 am 
Site Admin

Here's my initial go at a car sticker. Let me know what you guys think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:05 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Bops,

Very nice. Very nice. Sincere people like you and others will take this forum to amazing heights. I had let out the thought yesterday only and you had come up with the initial solution to the issue.

Cant we name it as Indian Angler instead of the IndianAngler.com? We can use it as a domain name but the .com should be in the web address only (my view point, though others view points are also necessary).

My view point is that we will not stick to this forum only, we can make groups, associations and other things which will promote angling competitions, conservation etc so that we all can reach out to other anglers from different parts of the world. Though these things takes time to materialize, still we should keep the option open and the avenues are to be kept clear from obstructions. Somebody other than us (IAs) might take the name and start a different work.

Call up others if they are sleeping ( 0 posts) and take up their views also.

Regards,
Apoo

Post subject: sticker
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:28 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Bops,

Nice job on the sticker. Nice photo too :wink: and I am glad you are using it. Let me know if you need a high res image for printing. The top one looks the best in my opinion.

The pic is of pratap, Darran and guide on the cauvery.

Indianangler.com makes more sense than just indian angler as hopefully more anglers will come to the forum and eat all our brains.

On another note, WASI is selling stickers to raise funds for protecting the WASI stretch. They cost 100 rs each and the proceeds go towards paying the guards salaries to patrol the area so that the place isisnt dynamited out of existence.

I have one and its pretty nice, Its of a leaping masheer.

Ryan

Last edited by Wolf on Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: wasi sticker
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:32 am 
Fishaholic

Rustam,

Maybe you can scan in a sticker so everyone can see it?

Ryan

Post subject: Re: sticker
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:56 am 
Fishaholic

Wolf wrote:
I have one....

Only ONE!!!

Dig deeper you blighter! :mrgreen:

Quote:
Maybe you can scan in a sticker so everyone can see it?

Already started a thread. Have taken a pic and will post it there in a few ticks.

Like Ryan, I'd go with the first one. Any chance of having both colour and B&W formats?

Rustam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:08 am 
Fishaholic

Pics posted.

http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.php?t=142

Rustam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:36 pm 
Fishaholic

apoo wrote:
Hi Bops,

Very nice. Very nice. Sincere people like you and others will take this forum to amazing heights. I had let out the thought yesterday only and you had come up with the initial solution to the issue.

Cant we name it as Indian Angler instead of the IndianAngler.com? We can use it as a domain name but the .com should be in the web address only (my view point, though others view points are also necessary).

My view point is that we will not stick to this forum only, we can make groups, associations and other things which will promote angling competitions, conservation etc so that we all can reach out to other anglers from different parts of the world. Though these things takes time to materialize, still we should keep the option open and the avenues are to be kept clear from obstructions. Somebody other than us (IAs) might take the name and start a different work.

Call up others if they are sleeping ( 0 posts) and take up their views also.

Regards,
Apoo

Hi Guys,

I'm sure sincere people like Bops will take this forum to great heights :-) Being one of India's first forums on angling IA will determine the path for all future sites. We'll probably see another couple of forums springing up soon.

As the forum is still in its infancy, I would think it stickers with the (.com) address make more sense now. Their primary aim would be to get people to join by providing them with the address. Once the forum is well settled and people begin to assosiate Indian Angler with the forum, I guess stickers can be changed.

As to the future of IA and what it branches out to do can only be determined by the admin/mods. The possibilities are almost endless given the fact the sport angling industry in India is being born as we post.

Every forum has its share of 'sleepers'. They might be people who've joined and forgotten or people who sit and watch or guys who learn a whole lot by reading posts. Anyways 'sleepers' are welcome, but every now and again need a wake up call :twisted:

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:41 pm 
Fishaholic

I almost forgot.... Of the sticker designs posted I like the first. On the whole I think they could be a bit brighter.
Bops how about something like a logo for the forum which remains standard.
Something simple like a 2 colour print job may keep costs down, atleast initially.

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:45 pm 
Fishaholic

This is a real good initiative taken up. [smilie=superkewl.gif]

I agree with MM on the logo bit. I think we shud carry the .com on the sticker. This can also act as an ad for attracting more members to the forum.

I know we have quite a number of very experienced anglers and some real creative dudes out there. Sadlly, I dont belong to either category :cry:

Are we looking at getting some t-shirts ? If yes, please sign me up for the first orders..

Hey Bops, cant we get our sleeping members involved in this? Is there any way to send a global message to all the members to get the backsides into this idea and work to it. Am sure that we have plenty of resources at our disposal to get this done.

Am not really of the creative type with designs and stuff but if there is any other help required please do let me know..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Gr888 Idea,

I ll go with the first one and ya .Com make sense otherwise people have to run after your car to know what the hell is IA :twisted: :twisted:

Inder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the kind words. I agree with you guys that IndianAngler.com makes the most sense. After all we are trying to rope in more members who can contribute information for all of us. I think we should start with the stickers first and then the T-Shirts etc. A car sticker would advertise IA a lot better than a T-Shirt. I've been in touch with one of our members who is quite creative and has the resources to provide us with a logo. This will take some time. As far as the car sticker goes, Cauvery Cowboy advised a simple two-tone logo since the one I had suggested earlier will need offset printing. This is apparently quite expensive unless the order is huge.

As far as the IA roadmap is concerned I see an organisation that will one day have it's presence in most of our major cities. Some of the activities that I have in mind are angling camps for kids, taking up water bodies on contract for the purpose of Day ticket fishing and in general promoting the sport of angling. This is however just a thought and it will take a lot of effort to get this going.

Cheers
Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:26 pm 
Fishaholic

IndianAngler wrote:

As far as the IA roadmap is concerned I see an organisation that will one day have it's presence in most of our major cities. Some of the activities that I have in mind are angling camps for kids, taking up water bodies on contract for the purpose of Day ticket fishing and in general promoting the sport of angling. This is however just a thought and it will take a lot of effort to get this going.

Cheers
Bops

It's good you have some kind of a road map in place for IA. You will have all our support, tips, advice etc.....

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:15 pm 
Enlightened

I like the font on the 1st one...but feel a sticker with a free hand loge would be better...anyone can print text on a photograph..just my thought..I also agree with Mighty M's thoughts....below is an example of what I was talking about...

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141 ... angler.jpg

Belli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:23 pm 
Fishaholic

belli wrote:
below is an example of what I was talking about...

Would prefer something on these lines.

Rustam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Rustam - Lets copy the image shamelessly :lol:

Hey Bops, any thought on adding an introduction about this forum. For first time members this could act as an info on wat this forum is abt .. This could be put on the homepage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Rustam Bana wrote:
belli wrote:
below is an example of what I was talking about...

Would prefer something on these lines.

Rustam

Have to agree with you Rustam... Think we need something like a Logo/emblem/crest.

Regards,
Mighty M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Guy's,
i had a birthday card from Devon with a fishing rod bent in an inverted U shape with a bag and a fish lying next to it. It struck me that for a logo we could use fishing rods to fashion the words I in Indian A in angler.
How does that grab you ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:17 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds good Owen. That's a nice start.

Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:01 am 
Fishaholic

Hi everyone,

Just a small thought and so many eager participants?

Thanks to you all for having like minded views.

At first I thought all would laugh at me for posting such a thread.

Cheers,
Apoo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:24 am 
Fishaholic

Taking the idea forward Bops, what if a bent rod were to be used for the I and two straight rods for the A.
Anyone with artistic tendencies out there that could lend a hand and take this further ?? :roll:
Owen

Post subject: sticky sticker
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:24 am 
Fishaholic

Owen Bosen wrote:
Taking the idea forward Bops, what if a bent rod were to be used for the I and two straight rods for the A.
Anyone with artistic tendencies out there that could lend a hand and take this further ?? :roll:
Owen

IA could mean:

Indian Alcoholics
Indian Airlines
Idle Asians

Maybe "IndianAngler.com" with a fish above it would work best...

Ryan
:wink:

Post subject: ENDEMIC
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:26 am 
Fishaholic

Maybe an endemic India fish should be used...A masheer, murral, cat or mayve even rohu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:31 am 
Fishaholic

Hey Wolf,
I meant using the whole words Indian and Angler, but just using fishing rods for the I and A
Regards
Owen

Post subject: The Indian Angler Logo
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Guys

Im not one of the Sleeper cells ......

Im just back from a 10 day training in Goa and spent all the days in the bloody classroom teaching some guys and some real hot ______. Ive been following the posts on my communicator ( no images ) and could only view some of them ( bloody thingy was so slow i could have taken the flight to mumbai and checked the site )

I think it is a great idea to have a Logo . I have a creative team that works for me to create the brochures and design for SOTC . I have briefed them and they should come up with something good ( they usually do ) in a couple of days time . If you guys give me some time ( its a long weekend till the 17th ) I will be able to post some of the stuff that they have created on the site .

I can also DEFINATELY assist in getting the printng done at a real cheap price or maybe even Free ( Time to call in some favours for the IA forum )

I can also do a round of Caps with the logos ( can call in another favour here )

Bops , Please do let me know how you would like to take this forward

Tight lines

Fred

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the offer, sounds great. Let us know when your team can come up with something.

Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:57 pm 
Fishaholic

Fred for president! Nice one dikra! :mrgreen:

Rustam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:10 am 
Enlightened

Go Freddi Go!!...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:17 pm 
Fishaholic

U THE MAN, FREDDY !!!! [smilie=superkewl.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Freddy the man is in HKG right now i think.
Bobby did you know that ?
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:02 pm 
Fishaholic

That true Fred?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:45 pm 
Fishaholic

Bops,

The sticker on the top looks good. The text size in the three below is large.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:41 am 

10 stickers for me
Great thread Apoo and fantastic response guys.Now if only we could do something for guns and indians...
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Hi Guys,

One of our members Ritika has gone out of her way to help with the logo and has come up with some samples. Your thoughts on this will be appreciated.

Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Bops,

In the new design by Ritika No.2.1 stands out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:35 pm 
Fishaholic

1.3 or 1.7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:31 pm 
Site Admin

Here's my pick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:39 pm 
Fishaholic

Ummm... too much blue. URL needs to be a little more spaced out, otherwise it would be difficult to read by the chap behind you at the traffic signal.

Rustam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:40 pm 
Fishaholic

Looks good, Bops. Better than 2.1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:42 am 
Enlightened

Agree with Rustam...the font needs to be a bit more spaced out so that it can be visible.....btw are we not waiting for Freddi to give in his ideas, now that he is working on them..
Belli

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:10 pm 
Fishaholic

ashokpkl wrote:
Looks good, Bops. Better than 2.1.

I agree, but I like the blue from 2.1 better and as Rustam said the URL could be repositoned/made larger.

Lets see what Freddi comes up with as well.

Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:02 pm 

I would think think a combination of 1.7 & 2.1 would look good...
i.e., the design of 1.7 would look nice in the 2.1 colours ...

Cheers,
Alexis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:48 pm 
Fishaholic

Freddy for President !
Ditched us and gone to HKG ! Bobby he diden't tell you that ??
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:00 pm 
Fishaholic

IMHO these logos have a corporate kind of look more than an outdoor group.

Can't we have soemthing like what Belli suggested. We can always pool in some money if its a bit costly to print :oops:

Just my two cent guys

Inder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:04 pm 
Enlightened

For everyones viewing, below is an example that I spoke to about earlier...and what Inder is talking about...