->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:24 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:21 pm 

Guys,
All of us must have gone through this at some stage ...
While some spouses may soon get reconciled to being a 'fish widow/widower' I'm sure there's a great bunch of stories waiting to come out on this classical excuse
Lets hear from you :D
Best
Asif

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:38 pm 
Fishaholic

Mine never will Asif! i need all the help i can get, would love to try out some new excuses. Anybody out there ??? :lol:
Owen
eljefe wrote:
Guys,
All of us must have gone through this at some stage ...
While some spouses may soon get reconciled to being a 'fish widow/widower' I'm sure there's a great bunch of stories waiting to come out on this classical excuse
Lets hear from you :D
Best
Asif

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:33 pm 
Fishaholic

SWMBO is only too happy to have me out of the house, especially if I take the boys along. :mrgreen:

Rustam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:53 pm 
Fishaholic

Lay the ground bait gentlemen!
Buy her a sewing machine and let her take sewing lessons, besides letting her learn how to knit, embroider,Cook etc, and occasionally take her fishing with you so she is aware of why you are so absorbed with this engrossing sport! Most important keep her motherly instincts working by giving her babies to look after. We had five[ not all at once!] and we would go from Perth to Freemantle[ Western Australia} atleast 2 nights aweek, after work and fish till almost midnight. She would sit in the car with our 2 kids at the time{ one only a few months old while I caught Trevally and Tailor, and I'd pop down from the rocks to show her each larger fish I caught every now and then, and assure her we would be going home shortly! We now have the 7th grand kid on the way and what better "genuine" excuse than to go fishing to teach the children how to fish. Even the little girls like fishing, especially when they know there is aMacdonald's treat awaiting on the way home!! And I bet you CAN go fishing---- but don't forget the ground bait!!And ALWAYS remember to do your bit when it's time to go to bed. avoid saying you are tired and you have a sore back! If you do you may get sand kicked in your face next time you are down at the beach. If so this also adds to a happy married life Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:26 pm 

Doing just that Todd,
Coming from a master, I'm sure it will work!
Best and keep em coming
Axx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:09 am 
Fishaholic

Mr Glenn Sir - I thank you for your worldly wisdom... No more enlightening words have been spoken on this forum.. I thank you sir..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:05 pm 
Fishaholic

SIR GLEN TODD .... salutations and all the health to your fishing and may you never have a sore back ..... keep pumping ... that fish