->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:33 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:18 pm 

A potential world record Blue Marlin. Check the link below to read the story and see the pictures.

http://www.bluewaterfishing.eu/e_start.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:08 pm 
Fishaholic

This is the most disturbing post.

The creature is sooooooo magnificent & its a shame that man conquers / slaughters it, just to get his name on a piece of paper.......an utter shame. [smilie=hate.gif]

Do records actually mean anything ?

Such people do not love fishing. It is not even a passion. It is just their ego & pride.
shame on them.

Its time that angling associations ban such magnificent beasts from being slaughtered......ban the organisations that incourage this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

Very true Keyur, the fish could have been tagged and let off. Shame to see such a beautiful fish die...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:01 pm 
Fishaholic

A good fishing quote;

Game fish are to valuable to be caught only once --- Lee Wulff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:49 pm 
Fishaholic

Vandals!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:42 pm 
Fishaholic

sad sad sad...
for the thrill that it gave the angler..
he pays it back by killing it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:00 pm 
Fishaholic

My stomach is churning
:twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
wish I had Bop's prong , know what I mean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:49 pm 

Hey Guys..

I was thrilled when I saw those pictures and the detailed account of the catch.the big monster ..But when I realised that the fish was killed, It really saddened me..Gamers can not do this...

Now I wish that I did not visit that link and see those disturbing pictures.

Arokiaraj.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:17 pm 

If you feel strongly enough, make your feeling's known. Their web site is prominently displayed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:36 pm 
Fishaholic

They could never have landed it until they gaffed the poor thing.

Not on a 80lb rig.

But they had pics anyway... while fighting it...

How many years does it take for a marlin to get to 1000lbs .

Jude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:24 am 
Fishaholic

No offence guys, had I landed that one I would have probably wanted it weighed as well.

I do release most of the fish I catch but somehing like that I would want to weigh.

I am not encouraging killing what you catch, but in this instance I am being honest.

I do not know how long a Marlin would take to get to 1000 lbs but Fish grow very fast, unlike trees....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Great fish & sad to see it die. But remember taking out some marlins may never harm the population if the number is small. Water pollution & commercial fishing can do the harm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:14 pm 
Fishaholic

Hell!! This is monster of a fish. :shock: :shock: I wounder how they would have caught, photographed and released such a big fish without causing any damage to it???

Sualeh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Sualeh wrote:
I wounder how they would have caught, photographed and released such a big fish without causing any damage to it???

Sualeh

they didnt... :(

Post subject: catch and release
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:42 pm 

Going through the article one of the picture mentions that Marlins under 300lbs should be released.

Big Game is a completely different scenario, the captain of the vessel is primarily responsible for the so called hunt. On charter fishing trips the captain advises the angler what he can keep or release.

In the US Virgin Islands and also British Virgin Islands it is completely prohibited to fish. If caught fishing the boat is confiscated and the perpetrators are legally charged to the fullest extent. I was reading one article on this and it was really saddening to know that a old couple who had a fishing line in the water were prosecuted even though they did'nt catch fish. Their boat was confiscated the wife was later released on bail and the husband is still languishing in jail because they don't have money to pay the fine which is in too many thousands of dollars.

In certain states and places a licence is required to fish. In North America you even have rules as to what size and type of fish you can catch, also how many of one particular species you can catch or keep.

Every angler should have a weighing scale and a broad sling capable of weighing the fish he wants to catch. To avoid further delay when he catches a fish so that he can weigh it and release it immediately. Also a camera so that he can photograph the fish for record purposes.

If you can spare a moment just visualize about commercial fishing, take a walk in the fish market, fishing harbour and see the number of fish that is processed in some fish factories. The comparison will show that big game fishing is next to nothing compared to commercial fishing practices.

The fishes caught by commercial fisherman is innumerable (so many fishes are killed by the second / minute / hour). :roll:

Why is a angler catching a few fishes prosecuted when commercial fishermen are respectfully going about their business daily ? :shock:

So my dear friends don't feel sorry for that fish. Feel sorry for us anglers when we get fined or prosecuted for going after a few fishes. United we stand, divided we fall. :roll:

Post subject: Re: catch and release
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:04 am 

alistairdsa wrote:
In the US Virgin Islands and also British Virgin Islands it is completely prohibited to fish. If caught fishing the boat is confiscated and the perpetrators are legally charged to the fullest extent. I was reading one article on this and it was really saddening to know that a old couple who had a fishing line in the water were prosecuted even though they did'nt catch fish. Their boat was confiscated the wife was later released on bail and the husband is still languishing in jail because they don't have money to pay the fine which is in too many thousands of dollars.

Someone has really pulled the wool over your eyes because that is totally untrue. :lol: :lol:

There is some great fishing to be had in the Virgin Islands and plenty of charter operations. Do a Google search.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:08 pm 
Fishaholic

oH God
its really a monster fish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:33 pm 
Fishaholic

reddytofish wrote:
alistairdsa wrote:

Someone has really pulled the wool over your eyes because that is totally untrue. :lol: :lol:

There is some great fishing to be had in the Virgin Islands and plenty of charter operations. Do a Google search.

:lol: :lol: nice one mate that was really [smilie=graytard.gif]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:10 pm 
Fishaholic

alistairdsa wrote:
So my dear friends don't feel sorry for that fish. Feel sorry for us anglers when we get fined or prosecuted for going after a few fishes. United we stand, divided we fall. :roll:

I do feel sorry for this guy :cry: :cry: , have a look.... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x1eZbn6drk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:27 am 
Great job. It is beautiful.

Where did you get the Gold Rod holders?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:21 pm 
Fishaholic

If damage by commercial fishing can be controlled recreational fishing will harm little even if anglers take out more than a few fish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:00 pm 
Fishaholic

I heard they can swim with a speed of 50 Miles/hour (80Km/Hour), imagine the kind of Rod-Reel and strength required to tackle this magnificent fish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:46 pm 
Fishaholic

My first reaction is "No comments". :wink:

On an after thought... I am happy, thrilled, sad and disgusted at the same time..

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:59 pm 
Fishaholic

angler_ali wrote:
My first reaction is "No comments". :wink:

On an after thought... I am happy, thrilled, sad and disgusted at the same time..

Regards,

Ali.

thats exactly what i felt

after a bit of thinking and questioning to myself!!!!???? [smilie=huh-ani.gif]

i could not answer one thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!

was this the biggest marline in the caught by any means (angling/netting)
or there are many instances where this size fish been caught by commercial fishermen.....

related to the same
How many BIG/BIGGER/BIGGEST fishes (All the species in the world) are caught by anglers to get them into record books (never to return back)....
compared to the commercial fishermen

as i have seen many a times that biggest fish caught by any angler (rod n reel) is smaller to a fish caught in net......

if im wrong please correct me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:29 am 
Fishaholic

Shame on those fisher men they cannot be called anglers

An angler is the one who catches the fish and lands it single handedly irrespective of how big the fish is and releases it when nature demands.

But looking at the story there are many people who landed the fish which qualify them to be commercial fishermen! shame on them again for killing. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:02 am 
Fishaholic

sad....

such majestic fish... didnt deserve such an end....