->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:54 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey guys .. here is the update of the trip to Durg .. Was a real rocking trip ‘ never had so much action in 4 days .

Heres the brief update ..pics to follow … lots of them … u listening Bobster … don’t listen watch … when I put them up ..

Day 1 26th Jan ..Evening :

Reached Durg at 1430 hrs .. checked the water .. warm … decided not to catch the customary shuteye and went on the water at 1630 after a malwani lunch … Trolled Storm deep divers …. Hook ups that day .. 5 Mangrove Jacks .. biggest 10 lbs .. smallest 6 lbs .1 grouper 18 lbs .. one Barramundi ( Sea bass ) 14 lbs … total weight .. 49 lbs

Total Fish landed : 7
Species : 5 Mangrove Jack / 1 Malabar reef cod / ! barrmundi
Misses : 4
Total Session .. 3 hours
Total Weight : 59 lbs

Day 2 : 27th Jan Morning

Decided to go to Jetapur … 5 nautical miles from Durg … fished the main channel …at 0630 … got a massive strike on the main rod … large Red head Storm deep thunder … lip came of .. snapped in half … going to write to the guys to make lures with the wire right through like the Rapala X rap – must have been a GT in the 50 – 70 lbs range .. only thing that I know that can snap the lip like that .. have a picture of the lip .. will post the pix .. later the same day .. hooked and landed 3 large Mangrove jacks and 13 grouper .. largest 22 lbs .. smallest 12 lbs .. 1 Reef Cod 13 lbs ..total catch that morning … 72.5 lbs … all grouper released after the scare with the dead grouper that washed ashore in Goa and north of Goa .. Mangrove jacks sitting pretty in the Belly with Garlic and lime and lightly fried in butter ..Reef cod in the deep freeze in Mumbai … all Grouper swimming free in Jetapur

Total Fish landed : 17
Species : 3Mangrove Jack / 13 Grouper / 1 Reef Cod
Misses : 8
Total Session : 6 hours
Total Weight : 72.5 lbs

Day 2 27th Jan Evening

Decided not to fish the afternoon but to fish the half moon around the fort ( Just an excuse after 3 vodkas post the morning session ) got to the water at 1730 and decided to troll large lures just round the VJdurg fort .. was a great decision as the half moon was just the tonic required to get the Barracuda to come in close after the bait fish … just after the sun went down and with the light of the half moon we rounded the fort and the reel went of … after 20 minutes one large 21 lbs barracuda in the boat ….. did a couple of more runs around the fort and then hooked into and landed a 22 lbs Barramundi ( Sea Bass ) .. No further strikes that evening

Total Fish landed : 2
Species : 1 Barracuda / 1 Barrmundi
Misses : None
Total Session : 3 hours
Total Weight : 43 lbs

Day 3 . 28th Jan Morning

Since the ice box was full decided to go after the big one …. Went to Jetapur to check if the GT that broke of the lip was around or maybe a cousin … no such luck …tried the reef 4 nautical miles of the Jetapur coast …one large strike but did not connect … no further luck that morning on the reef … the coasted to VJ Durg trolling large lures … had a couple of rises but the water was to clear and did not see what rose to the lures ..

Total Fish landed : 7
Species : 2 Mangrove Jack / 4 Grouper / 1 small Barracuda
Misses : 1
Total Session : 7 hours
Total Weight : 24 lbs

Day 3 28th Jan Evening

After the long sessions the previous days ( and yes the Vodka in afternoon ) decided to take it easy . Got into the boat at 1800 to try for the Barramundi … 2 runs around the fort in the moon light and was once again into a 18 Lbs Barra … was well hooked in the lip and what a fight .. 20 minutes of ariel acrobatics --- in the moonlight …. Was really amazing .. Great end to a really amazing trip

Total Fish landed : 1
Species : 1 Barramundi
Misses : None
Total Session : 2 hours
Total Weight : 18 lbs

Will post the pics … Bops u know my challenges with the Image shack …. But was a trip to remember …. Non stop action …. And muscle wrenching action … Durg never ever seems to amaze me

OMO … u just gotta come to Durg and Gav u too … Im gonna be busy the next couple of days so hold your horses guys .. the pics will follow …. Got some scores to settle .. Tight lines …

PS : Hey Bobster .. do me a favor ... can u add that all up ....for 3 days ... guys at the forum would like t know how much fish that is .. and yes they are all recorded so will post the pics once i through with the office

Fred

Post subject: vijaydurg
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:57 pm 
Fishaholic

H Man Fred,

Sounds like some serious action. Wating for the pictures. Dont be surprised if I land up on your door one of these days with my tackle box in hand.

Tight lines,

Jeen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:21 am 
Site Admin

Welcome back, Fred. Send me the pics if you need them posted.

Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:24 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Fred,

Looks like you had a great time, looking forward to some good pictures and hope you used that fishermans scale to weigh them :lol:

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:06 pm 
Fishaholic

Well done Fred!
That was a really good haul. I will make the trip with you soon matey!
Can't wait to see the pictures.
Regards
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:17 pm 
Fishaholic

Just posted a few ..check the image gallery

Post subject: Durg
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:01 am 
Fishaholic

Congratulations Fred! Enjoyed the photos as well. Amazing Catch! Must make your efforts worthwhile. With a haul like that I am sure you have already started sharpening your trebles for the next trip! Good Luck!!
Glenn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:58 pm 
Fishaholic

Just too good Fred!!

The post and the pix.

May be in Goa March 17th and footloose after seeing off my guests. Any plans to be in V Durg??

I will have my Scorpio with me. Will head back to Bangalore after the Goa / fishing trip. Free ride back to anyone.

Cheers!

Sandeep