->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:37 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:37 pm 
Fishaholic

Gents , those of you in the know please advise on the above subject.

Will appreciate specifics and details.

Personally have been hearing mixed reports and I want to make sure once and for all.

Intend to use the same for coastal and inshore fishing only and it would be a motor less craft.

Those in the know, please advise.Your assistance in this regard would be highly appreciated.

thanks chaps. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:54 pm 
Fishaholic

Gents,

awaiting your inputs....

thanks !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:46 pm 
Fishaholic

hamour wrote:
Gents,

awaiting your inputs....

thanks !

I am not really in the know but from what I know Kayaks are 1 seater or 2 seaters! to be using one in the sea can be very dangerous and as for legalities.... this is India!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:27 pm 

Omesh.Moorjani wrote:
hamour wrote:
Gents,

awaiting your inputs....

thanks !

I am not really in the know but from what I know Kayaks are 1 seater or 2 seaters! to be using one in the sea can be very dangerous and as for legalities.... this is India!

Kayaks! there arent any legal issues with owning one... let alone fishing from one... know a couple of whities who fish frm a kayak... and haven't heard of any issues so far as legalities go.... like omesh said, using one in the sea can be very dangerous and as for legalities.... this is India!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:38 pm 
Fishaholic

Using Kayak in sea is all you require to become an explorer of the world. I have seen boats with small motors struggling in heavy currents. Kayak for inshore wont have any legal issues. If you are planning to do kayaking in sea it is better to have a passport, you dont know which country you will land.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:16 pm 
Fishaholic

h_venkatesan wrote:
... better to have a passport, you dont know which country you will land.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:55 pm 
Fishaholic

You can use Kayak for inshore/ estuary fishing and you do not require any license (There is no provision for the same) but it will be much better if you can obtain permission from custom department. Making some local contact is always advantageous.

Before launching the Kayak from beach or in an estuary, do some practice in some lake and river. Bringing the Kayak in through the breakers on a beach is very tricky.

Last but not the least, do carry a life jacket, lot of water and some flares/ whistle etc and always stay in sight of shore. Avoid crossing mouth of big estuaries during out going tide. Study the tide and weather pattern well in advance.

Happy fishing.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:44 pm 
Fishaholic

Thank you Ali for the valuable info. I have had very limited time in sit on top kayaks in the gulf.

as for here .. it was my intention for quite some time to have one.. i know neil has one . but dunno if he uses it.. plus i heard that there are some issues with customs and the like along our konkan coast. especially after the terror attacks..
i have also heard that any ocean going craft has to be registered at a port ... like the small fishing boats that have their reg no. on the bow.

as Ali bhai has said , i too have heard in passing that a written permission needs to be obtained from local customs authorities..

regarding the same, could you guys , please provide the steps and details .. we all know how beaureaucratic we are here in india..

last but not the least ..
in know some of the above comments were lighthearted and in jest, but please allow me to respond to some that need an answer.
" as for legalities.... this is India" guys its because we have this attitude our great country is raped by her own sons. so personally i dont appreciate the comment.

"Using Kayak in sea is all you require to become an explorer of the world. I have seen boats with small motors struggling in heavy currents. Kayak for inshore wont have any legal issues. If you are planning to do kayaking in sea it is better to have a passport, you dont know which country you will land." ---------venky, bro im only using it inshore along the shore line and estuaries. have no plans for the pelagics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:57 pm 
Fishaholic

hamour wrote:
last but not the least ..
in know some of the above comments were lighthearted and in jest, but please allow me to respond to some that need an answer.
" as for legalities.... this is India" guys its because we have this attitude our great country is raped by her own sons. so personally i dont appreciate the comment.

Oops! sorry.... I guess that was a loose cannoned comment! Didn't mean to offend.... I don't think we behave in an irresponsible manner when it comes to behaving hence in my opinion a lighthearted comment shouldn't be seen into as much and can be overlooked my friend rather than taking the offensive and posting such an offensive response.

I don't mean to do the same....

However, having said this, I'd also request you to reflect, If it was necessary to make such a harsh statement or not.

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:01 pm 
Fishaholic

Let it rest here guys. Limit the discussion to the topic.

Coming back to topic, in case of Kayak, you can use it for estuary fishing without any issue. Stay away from the mouth of estuary and make some local contacts before launching the kayak in.

Every operational jetty has a custom office and you can contact them in advance for permission. One of my friend is trying to obtain a smiler permit and once he get it, I will post the details of same. Taking membership of some sailing club will also help.

Hope the information is useful.

Regards,

Ali. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Thanks Ali bhai.. that was truly helpful..

Omesh .. was only making a general statement... not personal.. sorry if you felt it was directed to you. only your statement was a point of contact... peaceout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:05 am 
Fishaholic

Hey, you can ask Scot regarding the trip as he has done it once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:38 am 
Fishaholic

true apoo.. but he had not done any formalities or asked anyone... they had just taken off... that time it was ok.. infact while they were kayaking the terror strike happened .. i suppose thats when the tide turned... plus his report does say that they were stopped 16 time during their trip.

lastly in our country our fellow indians treat us like second class citizens... they tend to make life more difficult for their people that for white men...(no offence to white men...some very good friends of mine are white.. heck...other races too come to think of it.) so there .. thats why i asked about this topic..... coz i want to do what i want to do ..but do it legally with the necessary requirements and permissions in place ... and be left alone to fish in peace...

Neil ... i have't asked you mate .. so i will .. do you have anything to advise me on this ... please do... it will be of great help...since you've got a kayak.. thanks.

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:45 am 
Enlightened

Sirs Friends did you peoples find the way about getting permission for kayak or using personal small inflammable boats...... I have seen the to four peoples at mad marve (malad) who comes at around 10:30 or 11:00 pm with their equipments (fishing rods maybe four to five) takes a small fishing boats which is without motor and they leave crossing. are they local fishermen with their license on or they a Anglers. If they are anglers please let me know i will talk to them asap and know the procedure what they do for taking the boat. Sorry if any wrong comments i have made in this.