->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:21 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:05 pm 
Fishaholic

Just got back from a flying trip to the Ganga. Left late, drove all of Monday (man UP does not have any roads anymore) and cast at 5pm. The mahseer there are suckers for jointed rapalas so i was hit at once and nice 6kg fish was caught aqnd released.

Half an hour later I got the big one. A golden that weighed a minimum 15kgs. What a feeing.... what a rush... It took a gold jointed at the top of the rapids and screamed of nearly all my line. I don't know what made it stop but it did and then backed up a bit. Anyway after a good 45 mins the little tiger was getting a massage and getting ready to go home and tell his mates what just happened.

The score that eve was : One 6kg at 5pm; One 15kg+ at around 6; One 3kg at 8pm. Lost one good fish to a badly tied knot.

And that's when the mother of all storm hit. Had to run back to the car. And was thanking my luck that I had not pitched my tent. Or it would have been exported it to China. The storm was so bad that my truck was shaking.

The next morning saw more action. Got one 4kg just before daybreak (around 5.45); another 2kg at 7; and then the killer of the day... a fish that was a little smaller than my No 11 jointed.

So to sum it up. I drove 18 hours up and down. Fished for 15 or 16 hours. Worth it any day.

Sorry no pics but it was a solo trip and i was traveling very light.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Sounds like a good trip M..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:21 pm 
Site Admin

Good going dude! Sounds like a hell of a trip.

Bops

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:47 pm 
Fishaholic

I need to make my mind up over the next couple of days whether to stay down in Goa/Maharashtra or head up to the area around Rishikesh (strange that you've posted on exactly the area I was considering) so any secific information that you can give me will be very much appreciated.

What I'd reall like to know (either via a posting or PM) is:

Where were you fishing ?

If it controlled or is it free fishing ?

Is there any nearby accomodation ?

Are there those toothy beasties called Ghoonch there if the Mahseer decide not to play ?

Just how bad has the whether been ? - I'm hearing tales of severe flooding in J&K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:58 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Ya Ken,

you got a pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:24 pm 
Fishaholic

sorry forgot to add something about the goonch. I have never seen or caught one up there but have hear that the are there along with mulli and sol.

as for the weather. it has been freaky. we had a bad hail storm this evening. and it was heading in that direction. the storm on monday night hit also delhi first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:32 am 
Fishaholic

Hey dude
would be really good if u post some of those wonderful images for us to see those Beauties, :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:53 am 
Fishaholic

sorry mate no pix. was traveling with my lure bag, two rods, drinking water and a few sachets of iced tea and odomos. A tent and a blanket are permanent residents of the truck.

have one pix of the last trip there. will post it a bit later.