->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:32 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:05 pm 
Enlightened

Was in Galibore from Friday 12th morning to Sunday Noon. Fishing was slow but not entirely unproductive. Lots of action upstream early morning - one of John Bailey's team got an 85 pounder AM 13th - near Kengal - Bhola was the gillie once again :-). We had a 15, a 10 and quite a few smaller fish.

Couple of the other guys from Bailey's group hit a couple in the 20's and a couple in the 30's while spinning largish spoons...

Got a couple of nice Murrel, some Carp. Carp were hitting Corn kernels quite nicely - wife still doesnt know about the missing can of corn from the kitchen :-) LOL....

cheers, Sudhir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Sudhir,

Great news from Galibore!!

Were you a JLR guest or camping with a WASI permit?

Outrigorsandeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:15 pm 
Enlightened

Sandeep, I was a JLR guest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:09 am 
Fishaholic

Hmm looks like the fish are moving up to the faster water. Great news about the catch at Kengal. One of my favourite spots.
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:56 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Sudhir,

I fished the Cauvery (Galibori) from the 5th of Jan to the 9th. Had a nice silver mahseer just under 40lbs on Chilwa. Many fish under the 20lb mark. Conditions were perfect and when I heard about the 85lb fish I wasn't surprised.

Regards,

Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:58 am 

Hi Sudhir, Jan is always a great time in Galibore, but once the British Team comes in they take away the best season there till March.......

Ofcourse our great Bhola is always there. Nice to know Sweetcorn has worked there.

Try the different baits too, sometimes the ragi is not effected in such a heavy fished water, the have become clever. I have used bread paste with other flavors beyond hing and has worked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:46 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Abhijit, Welcome to the IA...

Shivaji's son, I presume :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:28 pm 
Enlightened

I'm off to Bheemishwari in a couple of weeks time, spending three weeks out there in total. I'll be endign my trip with a few days at Galibore so as soon as i get back I'll let you know how i get on.
Hopefully the fishign will be better than it has been the last few years. Would ideally go a bit later but not prepared to pay the sort of prices that Plummer charges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:32 pm 
Fishaholic

Stop by at Hiara for a cold one between the 13th and 16th of December Gary :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:29 pm 
Enlightened

I'm with Sandeep that weekend so will do, I assume he knows where you're fishing?
Any idea how the river is looking, from the forecast it looks like you've had some dry weather but some thunderstorms are back again, couldn't tell how much rain there had been though.

Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:21 am 
Fishaholic

Gary Newman wrote:
Any idea how the river is looking, from the forecast it looks like you've had some dry weather but some thunderstorms are back again, couldn't tell how much rain there had been though.

Gary

Hi Gary, Last week some of the WASI guys were camped at Moslehalla, which is just upstream of Galibori. The water was very high. The rocks face was under water and the water almost upto the tree line. However the good news is that there has been no rain in the last 10 days or so. Infact it is very brightand sunny, but the nights are colder than usual at around 12 C in Bangalore,which is rather low for this time of year. Should be warmer at the river though. Will call the campand give you an update.

Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:42 pm 
Enlightened

Thanks Owen. Have been keeping an eye on the weather and is starting to look good now, was getting a bit worried about the amount of rain you'd had.
Imagine the high water will mean that the fish have yet to drop down through Bheemishwari so hopefully won't have already missed them like it is possible to do when you arrive and the water is low.
Thanks,
Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:28 pm 
Fishaholic

Called camp and spoke with Basavaraj. Says the water is still nearly 10ft above normal. Looks like its going to be sometime before it is possible to fish at Galibori. Like another month or so. Would be high even for Bheemeshwari, but yes the fish would probably still be up there.
The weather has turned a bit soupy once again, with a couple of light showers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:11 pm 
Enlightened

Thanks,
Will have to keep my fingers crossed then that it will be fishable. Hopefully Bheemishwari won't be full of anglers so at least if the water is still high at the end of my trip I'll be able to stay rather than moving to Galibore.
My best ever year there was when i arrived when the water was still high, hooked three good fish in Hattee Pool, lost 2 but landed a 44 lb golden.