->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:09 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:30 am 
Enlightened

has anybody got a copy of this book that they want to sell ,or no were i can get one , lent my copy out and guy has lost it !! hope somebody can help , thanks donkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:51 pm 
Fishaholic

What do you want to say???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Donkey, Here you go......

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0951790005/sr=1-2/qid=1289411050/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1289411050&sr=1-2&seller=

Regards,
Mighty Marlin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:44 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Donkey,

I had got mine (which has now gone missing) a some years ago from:

Coch-Y-Bonddu Books
Pentrehedyn Street
Machynlleth Powys,
SY20 8DJ, U.K.
Tel: 01654 702837
Fax: 01654 702857

Perhaps you have know them already, they specialize in both Modern and Antiquarian Books for Anglers and Sportsmen (copied from their bookmark). I hope theya re still around...all the best.

Bobby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:15 am 

Hi colin, glad to see you are still struggling with the interweb. You will have to keep your eyes out on ebay but if I see one for sale will let you know. I have a h/b copy signed by Jeremy Wade but won't be selling. Best place to look is abebooks.com who have all the second hand dealer listings but there isn't one listed on there at the moment, I just checked. I guess there is probably more demand now he has the TV programme. Did you see the Goliath Tiger Fish programme last week, brilliant. Coch-Y Bhondu also did have copies of 'Quest for a legendary fish' about the first expedition out to galibore, not sure if you have that. si

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:41 pm 
Enlightened

i am still looking for the book !!! off to panama next week for 6 weeks , lots of fishing for both fish and chicas !!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:59 am 

Jeremy Wade used to sell copies through his website http://www.jeremywade.co.uk/books.html, but I just revisited the site and see he's now got the book listed as out of print. Might be worth dropping him a line though - he always used to keep a small stock in reserve for people who express an interest.

I've corresponded with him a few times on various matters and he's always used to be quite open to corresponding with the public. Whether that is still the case now he's had some tv success I wouldn't like to say, but it can't do any harm to ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:11 am 
Fishaholic

Check out ebay item number: 230559490394

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:08 am 

I put in a bid for Colin but it went for a surprising £92, it used to go for around £50 before TV fame. Great book though well worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:54 am 

OK, this is a true story ....

My mother bought me a copy of this book for Christmas back in 1998. It inspired me to go fishing on the Western Ramganga and Mahakali Rivers in Northern India over the period 2001 - 2005. I had a great time, and at the culmination of these trips I wrote a personal inscription in my copy of 'Somewhere Down the Crazy River', and donated it to my guide of several years standing "for services rendered".

I then went home to the UK, and tried to buy a replacement copy, however I soon discovered that it was out of print, and second hand copies were changing hands for £100 +.

Next year, I went back to Northern India and mentioned to my guide that he should look after the book I gave him the previous year because it was collectable and apparently worth a great deal of money.

"Very good Sir" came the solemn reply.

The following year, a signed copy of 'Somewhere Down the Crazy River' was duly delivered to my door, with a covering note from J. Wade explaining how he had engaged the services of a fishing guide in Nothern India, and had been advised that I had unfortunately misplaced my copy of 'Somewhere Down the Crazy River", hence a signed replacement copy was duly enclosed.

I still think this is one of the most touching stories of my angling career to date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:07 pm 
Fishaholic

Hey Bobster - Gave them a call but nothing positive.. Am still looking around for the book...
Any of you guys get any news, lemme know :D

Tight Lines,
GRC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:14 am 
Fishaholic

Sure will Gavin.