->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:11 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:50 am 

Hi,

Im going to India for 6 months in june, for a uni workplacement volunteer job in a jungle in the SE. Im going to have 2 months of travelling spread over the start and end of my trip, and Im desperatlly wanting to catch a masheer! I will be travelling on a budget so dont wont to pay massive amounts jus to catch the mahseer.

# was wondering if i need to go fishing through a guide or if i can just do it myself? I wont be taking any gear, but was wondering if you can hire tackle in Masheer fishing areas.

# Im spending a month up north (Delhi then East) in june, but heard this is a bad time to fish for mahseer...would it be possible to catch at this time of year but is it a waste of time?

# The next 4 months in the jungle where im working is near the cauvery river (july-Nov). Is this a good time to angle for mahseer?

# Also roughly how much does a day with a guide cost?

Was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice to mad keen fisherman, who will be travelling on a budget but desperatly wants to catch a few awsome mahseer.

thanks,
Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:44 pm 
Fishaholic

At that time of the year, I'd be inclined to start making enquiries about any estate lakes or dams that you might be able to fish. There is going to be alot of water about though.