->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:57 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Bheemashwari 2009/10
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:20 pm 

Here's the start of a thread for those of us that don't mind fishing the 'lesser Cauvery swims'.

OK I am all packed and as it appears nobody has been on the water recently was wondering if there is a phone line at the camp these days or even an e mail address that would reach the camp boss as would love to receive some up to date condition reports (would rather not rely on information from JL&R in Bangalore).

Just out of curiosity who is the camp boss these days.

Cheers lads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:36 pm 

Was hoping someone had visited the river over the weekend but doesn't look like they did so will just have to sit tight and see if someone heads that way sometime soon and reports back with wonderful news.

Here's hoping

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:36 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Mahseer,
I was camping downstream of Galibore Nov. 17 - 20. The river was high and swift. No significant rise or drop in the water level over the 4 days. Conditions at Bheemeshwari should be better and can only improve once the river starts to drop.
The Resident Manager is Sundar.
I pushed hard for feeding to start and even spoke with the ED of JLR. I believe this activity has begun at Bheemeshwari.
Bheemeshwari is a great fishing beat and it has yielded big Mahseer too so enjoy the experience of being on the river.........
Outrigorsandeep

Please use only PM to exchange contact numbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:02 pm 

Hi Outrigorsandeep, thanks very much indeed for the update and Sundar's telephone number. I'll give it a few days and see if I can get him. I always enjoyed Bhemashwarri and no doubt they'll be some of the same characters still about so will be good to see them again.

Have been exchanging e mails with JL&R and shocked to see the rates have just about doubled since I was last there but I guess prices only go one way these days.

Thanks once more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:25 pm 

Well it took a while but I am all booked up and will be on the river afternoon of the 6th for hopefully 6 days of the sort of fun that only mahseer can provide.

Will update with catch report and conditions when I get back to Thailand on the 14th.

Can't wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi,
Since this thread is about Bheemeshwari for the current season 2009 - 10, here is an update.
- The water level is just fine. No major changes in the level over the last 10 days since fishing started.
- Feeding is happening. Anti poaching camps have been set up.
- Best fish so far is a 63 landed by Joe Assassa.
- The weather is fine.Gets a bit nippy in the evenings and early mornings.

OutrigorSandeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:49 am 

Just arrived back in Thailand after 6 days on the river so here's a brief report:

River is fine but will be on the high side to some. The water hasn't dropped at all during my stay and in fact came up on 3 occasions but returned to the previous level following day. Fishing was tough and I went 3 days with just one fish but that was a fine golden of just 25lbs but fight it did, nice fish. Joe landed the 63lb on my first session Sunday 6th afternoon. I also had a 24lb silver but nothing else of note. I received a text message from Joe that he had fish of 30,34 and 41lb Saturday morning so even though the river may be slightly high it is certainly worth a visit.

Enjoy