->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:22 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: A lot of questions....
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:21 pm 

Hello from Germany,
my name is Sven and I want to go to the Cauvery to fish on Mahseer in december. The reason to plan this was that my girlfrined wants to visit her godson in Bangalore and asked me to come with her. when I looked on the map I saw that the river Cauvery is not too far away and there shoukld be the chance to fish on this great Mahseer I often read about. But there are so many questions I need to get answered before I can book this expensive trip. I hope you can help...
We want to go for 2 weeks at the end of december, arriving an Dec 19th in Bangalore, going back on Jan 1st. Is this a good time for Mahsser fishing?
My plan is to fish 8 days in the Cauvery river. I have read that there are different camps to book for Mahseer fishing. Is it a good plan to book 2 different camps for 4 days each or is it better to stay in one camp for the whole time?
Which camps should be good for my plan?
Who owns these camps, are they owned by the state/government or by private companies?
I hope this question is not against the board rules: I have seen many different companies/websites who offers trips to these camps, Is it better to book directly at the owner or which is the best way?
How many anglers are there at the same time in these camps, especially at the end of december?
Is it true, that I have to take my owm complete tackle over to India?
With how many rods you fish at the same time? 1 or 2?
OK, this should be all for now. Sorry for boring you with stupid questions from the other side of the world ;-)
Thank you very much in advance for your answers.
Here is the spring time coming more and more every day and tomorrow I will go out for 3 nights again to (hopefully) catch some carp.
Greetings
Sven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Sven, willkommen an Bord.

I'm sure you will have a very enjoyable time fishing the river Cauvery for mahseer. The weather in December/Jan is very pleasant and the fish will be on the feed.

Forum rules do not allow posting of commercial guide services or personal contact information unless they are affiliated to IndianAngler.com

It is dangerous to fish with two rods for mahseer since the fish strike really hard and chances are that your rig will be pulled into the water before you get your hands on it. A baitrunner may work but the fish may get to a snag before you get hold of the rod. I prefer to hang onto the rod all the time.

Please check your PM for more info.

Cheers
Bopanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:24 pm 

Well, the time has gone so fast. Now it´s only one week and then I´ll go to Bangalore. My first time of Mahseer fishing and even my first time in India. Very exciting ;-)
Cheers
Sven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:22 pm 
Fishaholic

Best of luck man. [smilie=ebil-thumbup.gif]

Tight lines,

Ali. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:04 pm 
Fishaholic

Tight lines and best of luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:10 pm 

Do post the pic of your very first Mahseer from India.. :D
good luck..!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:38 pm 
Fishaholic

good luck Sven & we are all looking forward to hearing your report.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:04 pm 

Hi, I´ll do my best ;-) Just one question: I will be 3 days in Galibore and another 5 days in Bheemeswari. Is there a transfer organised from Galibore to Bheemeswari?
Gretings from freezing germany
Sven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:35 pm 

Sven, both camps are run by the same organisation so yes a jeep transfer will be arranged. I have just come back from Bheemashwari and fishing was tough but one lad managed to pull in a 62lb silver and several over 30lb in last 2 weeks. I expect Bheemashwari will fish better than Galibore with present water levels but it's easy to enjoy both camps.

Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:49 pm 

Thank you for the information! Looking forward to a great trip! ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm 

Hello, back from India and I have to say that it was a great trip. A lot of new and strange views on a foreign country. The fishing in Galibore and Bheemeswari was fine. I´ve had 11 Mahseer (8 silver, 3 Golden) in total. The biggest one was a 24 lbs silver directly on the first evening:
[img][URL=http://www.directupload.net][img]http://s6.directupload.net/images/100113/9a6nen6m.jpg[/img]
I was very surprised about the power of these fish, absolutely great! But beside fishing it was a great pleasur for me to meet so many great people from different countries: Malaysia, England and India of course. Very open-minded fishermen and the talks with them were top class. No secrets but a lot of great discussions about everything. Including a brilliant christmas eve with a great laugh. Greetings to everybody I was allowed to meet!
Cheers
Sven[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:09 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi seven
looks like you had a great trip pal but unfortunately could not see any pics it would be good idea to upload some pics using the image shack upload in the forum I think every one would love to see the pics [smilie=coolup.gif]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:02 pm 

Äh, I have uploaded one pic and I can see it. You don´t???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:04 pm 
Fishaholic

unfortunately no bro not on the forum i also logged on to the upload site but then could not find any way to see the pic try upload through imageshack and see cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:51 pm 
Fishaholic

Sven!!! Welcome back!

It was great meeting you in Galibore. The fishing was poor at the time, but but your jokes and anecdotes during dinner, spiced with "monkey balls" for dessert, were superb! :lol:

You are one of the funniest human beings I've ever met, and I'm looking forward to meeting you again by the baks of the Cauvery! :D

Nick aka JB

Post subject: Hi Again
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:03 pm 

Quote:
I was very surprised about the power of these fish, absolutely great! But beside fishing it was a great pleasur for me to meet so many great people from different countries: Malaysia, England and India of course. Very open-minded fishermen and the talks with them were top class. No secrets but a lot of great discussions about everything. Including a brilliant christmas eve with a great laugh. Greetings to everybody I was allowed to meet!
Cheers
Sven

Hi Sven

It was great meeting you too, and thanks for all the humorous tales you shared with us over some fine Kingfishers. Thought of having a second trip yet?

best wishes
Jedinite 2000 (Frank - Malaysia)