->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Mon May 01, 2017 7:57 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:47 pm 
Fishaholic

Dear Bops,

A post was locked recently on the continued discussion on the merits or otherwise of a fishing expedition guide.

Our forum members can get to know all people in the trade in fishing in North India. They can do a search say "Mahseer Fishing Pancheswar" and pick up the winner after discussing in detail like service offered, prices, experience, references etc. etc. with the concerned person.

There are more than one. Many may not be upto the mark, though. Just fly-by-night operators.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:22 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ashok,

I completely agree with you that it would be a benefit to members if they could read reviews of angling guide services being offered across the country. However there is a downside to this also.

Over the last two months this forum has been a home to many anglers who have met other anglers from all over the country and we have had many a healthy debate over angling tactics, tackle and species.

If we were to start saying that one guide is better than the other and that some are fly by night operators, this will lead to a lot of flaming and member bashing on the forum. Many of these guides are members on the forum and I would not like things getting uncomfortable.... It's a nice close knit group of anglers that we have here and I would like to keep it that way.

I will however be starting a separate IA corporate supporter forum where fishing guides can post their entire details for an annual fee. Each guide service can be rated by members who have used them. Each review however will have to be accompanied by a complete article of the reviewers experience. Every corporate supporter member will be given an option of one of three levels, Gold supporter, Silver supporter and Bronze supporter based on his annual fee. Depending on his level the member will be given an avatar image which reflects his level of support for IA. The proceeds from the income generated from the corporate supporter members will go towards the annual hosting and maintainence of the IA website. It wil also pay for the printing of stickers, T-shirts and annual IA get togethers.

I invite suggestions from all our members on this.

Bopanna

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:48 am 
Fishaholic

Dear Bops,

That's a good idea. Go ahead with the new forum. This was something which was required as many anglers could not find/zero in on info on good guides/camps. This would also put pressure on guides / camps to perform professionally and give good sevice as information about them would be available to current & future customers/anglers.

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:19 pm 

Bops,

Its a great idea!!

Cheers,
Alexis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:11 am 
Fishaholic

This is a good idea Bops.

Even still I think members need to be responsible when posting their opinions about others/guides to the forum and keep it to that section alone. We need to remember this forum is for constructive and not destructive purposes.

I also like your (Bops) suggestion of every opinion/review on a particular guide needs to be detailed and presented with photographic evidence, may I suggest this posting should be subject to review by a designated person, to avoid any future problems that could arise, legal or otherwise .

I have been following posts quite diligently and I have seen “cat and mouse” games being played out where people are soliciting business and indirectly advertising and promoting services. There are very intelligent and well read people on this forum and if someone thinks that things like these “subtitle adverts” go unnoticed, then it is a mistake. I was not going to make mention of this but since it has come up I am just voicing myself, I do not want to get into a debate on this subject and would like to put this to rest right here.

Bops, I also think that your idea is very good, but I reiterate, we need the co-operation of people who want to advertise and promote their services to do so on that part of the forum only. Besides it will also bring in revenue that will help maintain this forum that is fast growing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:48 am 

Excellent idea I reckon.

All the rest of us have got to do is make sure the discussion is lively enough to encourage other people to want to market themselves on here ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:28 am 
Fishaholic

Hi Bops, Great idea, and a good take on things from Bobby. It is a good opportunity for guides, but this forum should not get messed up because of it.
Regards
Owen