->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:36 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:11 pm 

Hello there,
Iam crazy flyfisher from Czech Rep. and Iam planning trip for month to India with backpack, and my fly rod... Me and another two my friends decided to travel to India next year somewhere to north of India.. Iam trying to collect informations, because we dont wont to be in anyone of resorts, or using guides, we want to make it by our own as much as we can.... Can you help me with some thinks? Where exactly to go(river or location), what Masheer really is(I know somethink, but I cant really imagine habits of this fish, food, ect.). And main question is: Can we make the trip with a car and tents for whole month :-) ? And what about trouts in mountains? Thanks a lot, with regards Dalibor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:27 pm 
Fishaholic

II3 wrote:
Hello there,
And main question is: Can we make the trip with a car and tents for whole month :-) ? And what about trouts in mountains? Thanks a lot, with regards Dalibor

Indeed you can travel by car and live in a tent while fishing. If you want to target Mahseer of north india, there are many fellow anglers on this forum who will surly help you regarding locations etc.Wish you a nice fishing trip of India.

Regards,

Ali.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:56 pm 
Enlightened

You'll have to leave your car to the mercy of the locals and hit the rivers if you want to get into some fish ... better set up with a hotel in a base town and catch a local transport to the river to hang out there for a while and fish the river.

India is a tough place for the white man or any one for that matter ... too many people ready to shake the last penny off you, and thats not only the local cop ... so better be prepared than sorry !

The legend of a Red headed Englishman who rode on a Vespa scooter from South to north India fishing mahseer in every river around India is a story to be told .... one of the finest mahseer anglers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:29 am 
Fishaholic

bagiganga wrote:
The legend of a Red headed Englishman who rode on a Vespa scooter from South to north India fishing mahseer in every river around India is a story to be told .... one of the finest mahseer anglers.

Where can we find his story?
Legends are supposed to be passed on......
so please can you tell us where we can get hold of this red headed Englishman legendary tales....