->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:16 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:43 pm 
Fishaholic

Hello,

With the fishing season just begining at Bheemeshwari,I thought of starting a new thread so that all members can get the latest information and post under one thread.

I was there on November 16th and 17th. The river was high but the water was clear. The anti-poaching cum ragi feeding camps are up and running.

I landed 3 Mahseer,the biggest being 5 lbs. I did not get any bites at Monkey Pool (monkey shit),Camp Pool, Leopard Pool. The Balu Rapids below Monkey Pool and Tiger Pool fished better.

One morning,past 11.00 am, fishing with chilwa from the bank of Tiger Pool I got two strikes. The The bait runner on my Penn 330 GTI screamed,I struck, but as I pumped what I thought was a big one, I felt a jerky motion as I retrieved line. Within a few minutes and without gaining much line the fight was over. My 50 lbs mono was cut at the hook on both occations.

I thought I had hooked a turtle and so did the Gillie but Owen ( I spoke with him after my return) thought it could be a Mulley.

Anyone fishing with chilwa from the bank of Tiger Pool should have a wire leader. Hopefully you will get to see what was on.

OutrigorSandeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:23 pm 
Enlightened

hi do you no how gailbore is fishing has there been much rain i am down there in jan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:38 am 
Fishaholic

Hi there,

Currently the water level at Galibore is way too high for any good fishing. It has rained in Bangalore but nothing to worry about. There was no rain when I was at the Bheemeshwari camp on Nov.16th and 17th.

I too will be in Galibore on Jan.4th and 5th. When are you there? I believe Galibore will fish well in Jan.

May I request any angler who goes to Galibore to start a new thread for this season.

BTW Lokesh,the manager, at Galibore has quit. I believe Sundar will oversee the fishing operations this season.

Outrigorsandeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:16 pm 
Fishaholic

Hello,

I just got the news from Bheemeshwari that a big Mahseer has been landed this morning. The weight is not known yet.

Will post again once the facts are known.

Outrigorsandeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:18 pm 
Fishaholic

Hello,

The news is tht a 78 lbs fish was landed at Tiger Pool along with two other smaller fish of 42 and 38 lbs.

The anglers are not back at the camp yet.

Outrigorsandeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:45 pm 
Fishaholic

outrigorsandeep wrote:
Hello,

The news is tht a 78 lbs fish was landed at Tiger Pool along with two other smaller fish of 42 and 38 lbs.

Outrigorsandeep

Wow- Great catches. Who are the anglers though. :roll:

Ali.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:42 pm 
Fishaholic

I was at Bheemeshwari camp when the 78 pounder was landed along with the others. The 30 odd pounder was landed midnight- Leopard Pool.
Group was from Hyderabad. Guy who landed the big one(first timer?) had the look on his face- Zen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:14 am 
Fishaholic

Ian,Vince,Simon and Gary all from UK in the 10 days of fishing had landed between them approx. 55 Mahseer. The big ones were 37,35,39,29,24,32 lbs.
The water is still quite high for this time of the year, the weather has been good, just the odd shower now and then.
Leopard and Tiger pools have been fishing well.

Outrigorsandeep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:22 am 
Enlightened

Can you keep me updated with the catches please

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Donkey,
I will do so once I can contact Gary who is still at the Bheemeshwari camp and fishing. I spoke with the camp staff and all they could tell me was that the fishing was good but not great. The water level is dropping.

Sandeep