->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:44 pm

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: New site for Mahseer.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:50 am 
Fishaholic

Uttaranchal Forest Dept. [http://www.uafdc.org/] is setting up a new lodge for anglers at "Saneh" on the river "Kotri" [or Kollhu] a tributary of Ramganga, under its "Eco Tourism" scheme. Let us see how it shapes up. Contact person is :Mr.Naresh Chandra Madwal [Cell-98979-63648].

Site Navigation=http://www.uafdc.org/>Eco Tourism>Adventure Tourism>Angling.

But I suppose these are not big mahseer waters. The best site is still Banghat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:19 pm 

I have fished this area twice in Dec for the last two years. There are very few small fish left in some pools and not much else. Beautiful area but hardly worth travelling all that way to fish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:20 pm 
Fishaholic

Dear Hotshot,

Yes you must get decent Mahseer to plan a long trip. Perhaps that leaves us only with Pancheshwar and the areas around it on the Saryu & Mahakali for proper "big" Mahseer fishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:12 pm 
Fishaholic

Dear Hotshot,

Was whole of Ramganga, viz Marchula, Bhanghat poor in Mahseer fishing or was it the confluence of Kotri [Kollhu] river & Ramganga? If all of it was bad I will go to Pancheshwar in Oct & not Corbett / Marchula. Kindly advice.

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:53 am 

Ashok Hi ,

Was also planning Pancheshwar this oct/nov. Maybe we can hook up and go together else meet up there.

Cheers Rohit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:21 pm 
Fishaholic

Rohit,

I would love to confirm but due to hectic schedule unable to plan a trip at the moment. You go ahead and finalise your plans. Hope to meet you there.

I had just received a mail from the person running a camp there. I was pleased to see their work towards building a Mahseer Sanctuary around Panchsehwar.

The same person reminded me of the sorry state of affairs around Corbett National Park because the waters leased to businesses are not being conducted in the true spirit of sport fishing. The problems are - [a] poaching by villagers, [b] killing of Mahseer by anglers, [c] killing of large Mahseer by mishandling by guides and [d] no audit taking place on how the Mahseer fishery is faring after the "experimental" lease for 30 years!! was started.

If you have the time please do write to the Field Director, Corbett National Park, at
Field Director
Corbett Tiger Reserve, P.O. Ramnagar
District Nanital Uttaranchal, <http://projecttiger.nic.in/corbett.htm>
[post your views on the feedback menu/form on the top of the page]

asking him on the status of the Mahseer Fishery around CNP, The training programme for training guides, the check & balances in place so that the Mahseer fishing & the Mahseer waters improve around CNP.