->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:43 am

All times are UTC+05:30

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:38 pm 

hi guys
i just found this forum, it is very nice!

at first sorry for my english. ;)

iam 24years old and im lifing in austria. the most of my time i spend on the water...

3 years ago i went in southeastasia for 8 months....
on the 11 of november i fly to bangalore. after that i travell to the cauvery river for fishing 1 months. after that i will travell around india for 5 months more. probably the most of the time i will spend for fishing...... thats my way

at first my plan was to spend 2 months in sri lanka for make a dive intership and get same informations for mahseer fishing over there. unfortunately its not possible. so i have to organize the trip for the mahseer fishing very fast. but dont worry, i take my time

i have spend same hours in the forum but there are same questions left. i hope you can help me a bit.....

-im searching two travell rods for salt and freshwater. a haevy one for the reel culkuta(shimano). the second one for spinnfishing with a stradic or other reels. if you can tell me same important things for the tackle it will be nice too.

-it is possible to buy the tackle in bangalore? price?

-im lost. i have no idee where i can start. there are so many places.... start in the south and travell until goa... i just need a bit Inspiration for the beginning. after that- just easy going
of course i can make a expensiv booking in a camp.....but im travlling 6 months so have to look a bit on my money.

-if its possible to work in a camp....

-samebody got same motivation for a meeting in india. just writte me a mail.

so dudes, thanks, for read all this things in my shity english. and thanks for all answers and Inspiration.

we all have the same way to thing. we are lovers of wildlife.

max

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:41 am 
Fishaholic

Quote:
so dudes, thanks, for read all this things in my shity english

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Max, Welcome aboard the IA... Dont worry about nothing mate, will get your answers here.. Regarding the trip to India, am sure you will be getting a lot of help and suggestions here.. Most of our members here, stay in Bangalore and have fished in the Kaveri waters many times..

Anyways, if you require any help in coarse fishing, do drop me a line adn will be glad to help..

Tight Lines !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:12 am 
Fishaholic

Hello Max,

Welcome, I am sure that you will find a lot of help here. you may check out the online Fishing store for your requirements.

have a great stay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:31 am 
Site Admin

Welcome Maxxx, hope you find your answers here.

On the subject of travel rods, please have a look at,

http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.p ... ght=travel

http://www.indianangler.com/viewtopic.p ... ght=travel

Cheers
IA

Last edited by IndianAngler on Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:32 pm 

thanks guys

i found the right rods: SHIMANO BEASTMASTER TRAVEL 270 XH 50-100g with the stradic 6000. i hope the reel is not to small?!?! the second one: SHIMANO BEASTMASTER TRAVEL 300 ax 50-190g with the calukate (shimano). haaa i m coming, i m coming ;)

im curius for the next answers, thanks again

Post subject: Stradic 6000
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:29 pm 
Fishaholic

I think that with the STradic 6000, you should gon in for a rod that casts 15 grams to 60 grams (1/2 Oz to 2 OZ) - this is for spinning for Mahaseer. If you have 2 spools, load with 12lb and 20 lb line - that should be fine to land any Golden Mahaseer, in North India. A rod that is built for 50 gm plus lure weight is too bulky and unweildy for spinning with the lures that are required for Mahaseer. Must have Rapala plugs, floating, jointed in yr kit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:17 am 

hi, guys
i have tought to buy my tackle in bangalore. like travell rods, penn reels. it is possible? Where? What?

thanks
max

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

Maxx, I have tackle here in Bangalore for sale. Let me know your specifications and I should be able to help out. Travel rods are very difficult to get here so I suggest you pick that up from where you are coming unless you don't mind paying a premium in Bangalore.

Cheers
Bopanna

Post subject: rods
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:26 pm 

hi bob
now i have found my travell rods. it was not so easy in this short time. but i will meet you in the shop at the 12nov. so just in same days. just give me your adress.

see you soon
max