->

INDIANANGLER

India fishing forum for all the information you require on angling, equipment, locations and trip reports.
It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 2:45 am

All times are UTC+05:30

Post subject: Mahaseer in Bhakra Dam
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:28 pm 

Article about Mahaseer in Bhakra Dam and this gentleman Misty Dhillon I think has his own outfit check it out

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/feature ... part2.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:19 pm 

Thanks Navdeep,
Here's wishing you one soon!
Axx

Post subject: Corbett
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:19 pm 
Fishaholic

Surfed Misty's site and point out that Corbett was not an American :shock:

Am attaching a brief on Corbett for those interested

British hunter who spent most of his adult life in India. He was born in a hill station in India, the second youngest of thirteen children. One of his older stepsisters had survived the siege of Agra during the Sepoy Mutiny of 1857. His father died when he was 4, while serving at the 'volatile' Afghan border. He was brought up by his mother on their Naini Tal estate and their "Irish cottage" at Kaladhungi, fifteen miles away. He was fascinated with the jungles as a child and collected birds eggs, studied wildlife and learnt to hunt. From the age of 18 he worked for over twenty years for a railroad company in India. During World War I he was captain of the 500 man 70th Kumaon Labor Corps to France. After the war he was promoted to Major and sent to the North West Frontier as Commandant of the 114th Labor Battalion in the Third Afghan War. From 1920 to 1936 he spent half of each year in Tanganyika, Africa, where he hunted and tracked big game. He supervised growing of coffee and maize on his plantation on slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro. In 1930 he gave up hunting big game when he discovered the wonders of a 16 mm movie camera. Instead he began to 'shoot' animals with his camera. He continued, however, to hunt man-eaters who were disrupting human communities. Corbett shot the "Bachelor of Powalgarh," the most prized big-game trophy of the decade. His other famous kills included the "Champawat man-eater" and the "Man-eaters of Kumaon", the latter whom he killed in 1907 after they had killed nearly 436 victims. His last man-eater hunt was the Thak man-eater in 1938. His most famous book about his exploits in tracking and killing man-eating tigers, lions and leopards in India - Man-Eaters of Kumaon was published in 1944.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:42 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Viraj,
We have our Jim Corbett of the south too.
Read some of Kenneth Andersons books.
His son Don was a great hunter and mahseer man too. Don is still around in Bangalore.
I have been toying with the idea of writing a short one about Don and his fishing buddy Gene (Tinks father).
I have some great pix of Don and Gene, and one with Don in the picture with another friend of mine lifting a mahseer bigger than himself.
You cannot see the anglers face, the fish is that huge !
Once the article is done i will post these pix (Need to break the news to Don first) :wink:
Regards
Owen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:11 pm 
Fishaholic

Hi Owen

We all know Kenneth Anderson and his books - actually, I've read a few and some of my close buddies who were avid hunters have read all of them. I didn't know about his son though living in Bglore.

Lets see the pics

Viraj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:35 pm 
Fishaholic

Donald Anderson must be in his 60's now, and is a good friend.
He is mentioned in many of Kenneth Andersons books. There is also a Kenneth Anderson fan club on yahoo groups.
Will scan some pix, and post them soon.
Regards
Owen